Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
11 May, 2021, 11:32:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel pump  (Read 4460 times)
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 14 December, 2014, 08:25:32 AM »

Hi all,

An update to this - when pulling apart the mechanical fuel pump (again) i found one of the o rings had been eaten away by the fuel - hence the loss of fuel pressure. That o ring was less than 6 months old!

Anyway - o ring replaced and the engine is now singing again. I'll stick with the mechanical pump for now.

Cheers
Dave

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 26 March, 2021, 10:49:17 AM »

Thanks Julian,

I can see where the confusion is happening - (apart from the manual!)- my cylinders are stamped as follows:

4.    5
2.    3
6.    1

Fan

Cheers
Dave
    Confusion yes. Mine are stamped as Dave's. Is this method of head numbering to match the distributor cap numbering, whereas Julian's numbering is assending numerically from the fan pulley rearwards? Also Museo Motori states 1 4 3 6 5 2 as firing order. Would anyone here be able to post a schematic ht lead diagram perhaps in plan view of what works correctly . My  distributor numbers match my head stampings at present. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 05 May, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »

So some heads are stamped to match distributor cap numbers and some are stamped to match cylinder numbers. Back to electric fuel pumps, despite some instructions saying horizontal mounting is ok, outlet at the top is logical to allow vapour to escape, so I have remounted my Facet pump vertically/ outlet at top as a precaution against previous suspected fuel starvation. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd