Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 02:09:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ardea Project  (Read 16217 times)
Robert
Lapsed

« Reply #30 on: 17 August, 2014, 06:41:34 AM »

Sounds quite interesting Mic.  Any more info on its location or a contact?  I'm still very interested in building an old special with a Lancia engine and running gear so I would definitely consider getting another wrecked Ardea/Aprillia if it was complete and the shell can be scrapped guilt free.  Either that or a collection of engine, gearbox and other parts may be enough.

DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 19 August, 2014, 06:51:45 PM »

Appia bits are easiest to find.  A much simpler car than an Aprilia as well.  About the only reason to chase Aprilia bits would be if determined to have a prewar car such as to compete with the VSCC, and even then every chance they wouldn't have it.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Mic

« Reply #32 on: 20 August, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »

Photos of the Ardea which located is north of Porto.  Which is a long haul from England and obviously would require a trailer.  We are talking almost 2,000 kms from Calais.

At the moment one contact is not talking to the other!  I kid you not.   I am told the car has documents but I have no idea at the moment what the guy thinks he would want.    I doubt if many other Ardeas in Portugal so I cannot see him finding a market for spares.

If you look through the driver's window you can easily see the ground underneath!  Cannot have run for years.  Pity.

* 1.jpg (167.58 KB, 1181x787 - viewed 360 times.)

* 5.jpg (214.29 KB, 787x1181 - viewed 348 times.)

* 7.jpg (203.99 KB, 1181x787 - viewed 382 times.)

* 4.jpg (217 KB, 787x1181 - viewed 368 times.)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 20 August, 2014, 05:57:54 PM »

Ooooooh, that is tired!!!!
Robert
Lapsed

« Reply #34 on: 25 August, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »

Appia bits are easiest to find.  A much simpler car than an Aprilia as well.  About the only reason to chase Aprilia bits would be if determined to have a prewar car such as to compete with the VSCC, and even then every chance they wouldn't have it.

David

I'm not too fussed about authenticity or attending historic events, it's mainly for the fun of building it and then for bombing around country lanes pretending I'm a racing driver cum constructor.  I'm not a big fan of most old British car parts and would need some more 'elegant' and obscure running gear.
Good point regarding the Appia bits - I'll consider those if I do go down the Lancia special route.  To be honest, you've done such a good job of diverting my attention towards etceterini type specials with FIAT bits that a Lancia special is looking less and less likely
« Last Edit: 25 August, 2014, 10:18:46 PM by Robert » Logged
Robert
Lapsed

« Reply #35 on: 25 August, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »

Photos of the Ardea which located is north of Porto.  Which is a long haul from England and obviously would require a trailer.  We are talking almost 2,000 kms from Calais.

At the moment one contact is not talking to the other!  I kid you not.   I am told the car has documents but I have no idea at the moment what the guy thinks he would want.    I doubt if many other Ardeas in Portugal so I cannot see him finding a market for spares.

If you look through the driver's window you can easily see the ground underneath!  Cannot have run for years.  Pity.

Thanks Mic.  Everything on that car looks worse than mine except for the steering wheel!  That would definitely be a touch too far to go for me. I wonder how many more years that will sit there? 
Robert
Lapsed

« Reply #36 on: 25 August, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

I have this item in the car which I believe to be a screen demister?  I'm pretty sure I remember finding something on the internet about this with a picture of the wiring on the back but have lost it.  Can anyone remember coming across it and remember where it is?  I've been all over the Lancia Ardea.it site about 3 times now.

* 20140817_154635.jpg (284.44 KB, 735x980 - viewed 359 times.)
Mic

« Reply #37 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »

Latest on the Ardea in Portugal.  Only hope seems to be if the owner can agree a low price with our fettler who would buy, pull apart and sell what is usable on EBay.  If that happens I will keep you up to date on the Forum as individual components can easily be sent twixt here an U.K.as I now know well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd