Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:59:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 for sale  (Read 8374 times)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 05 August, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »

I can confirm the Fire has no tailgate trim.

The strings from the parcel shelf should be crimped into a loop at the end. These loops go onto black plastic clips on the tailgate just above and towards the outer edges of the cut outs in the inner panel.

Regardless of whether you source and fit a tailgate trim panel get a load of waxoyle in the bottom seam of the tailgate. This is one of the worst places for rust.

I have got radios out of Y10s (blaupunkt) but they may need re-coding. I will have to spend a bit more time seeing if they will fire up. You are very welcome to one.

If you are attending any events I could get one ferried to you. I also have a set of alloy wheels and some Paddy Hopkirk roof bars if they are of interest.

Frank
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 05 August, 2014, 09:37:50 PM »

Ok Brian, I have just checked again. I am not sure that I can see the holes to which you refer, unless they are the ones about the size of a 2p piece.

What does seem certain though is that whilst I do not need a tailgate trim panel, a correct cover for the luggage area appears necessary!! The cover on my car seems a good fit and shape, but the hinge pins seem wrong and it has been cut about in a rather amateurish fashion to fit around the wiper motor. The cords that are supposed to lift the cover with the tailgate are finished with small loops, as though they are meant to pop over pins not discs as you suggest.

Suggestions, comments, abuse, all are welcome (but please be sparing with the last, I get enough of that at home!!!)

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 05 August, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »

Ok Brian, I have just checked again. I am not sure that I can see the holes to which you refer, unless they are the ones about the size of a 2p piece.

What does seem certain though is that whilst I do not need a tailgate trim panel, a correct cover for the luggage area appears necessary!! The cover on my car seems a good fit and shape, but the hinge pins seem wrong and it has been cut about in a rather amateurish fashion to fit around the wiper motor. The cords that are supposed to lift the cover with the tailgate are finished with small loops, as though they are meant to pop over pins not discs as you suggest.

Suggestions, comments, abuse, all are welcome (but please be sparing with the last, I get enough of that at home!!!)

Andy
Any photos Andy?
Go by what Frank has said, we've been chatting about it at our local meet tonight (all 4 of us) Frank currently runs a Y10, mine is recollection, which has it's moments these days.
Wish I could find where my scans of the manual are located,as I could then let you see for yourself!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 05 August, 2014, 10:26:29 PM »

I will get the camera out tomorrow, I meant to do it this evening, but got side-tracked!!!  Not an unusual situation I regret to say.

Frank, thank you for the offer of the radio, please may I take you up on that. I will be in touch
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 06 August, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »

Andy, I have started a thread for you in Y10, Musa, Ypsilon under "Y10 parcel shelf"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd