Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:05:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B12 Berlina 1955 Series II  (Read 4703 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 12 May, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »

Reviewing the items I've been lucky to locate world wide over the last year, my list of requirements is getting shorter by the day.

I still need the following ....

1. Decent front and rear seats, needing complete restoration if need be, I can source other B21/22 seats but would prefer not to.

2. Front indicators ( I have seen fronts for sale as repro units at eye wateringly high prices)

3. Rear indicators

4. Front bumper, the one on it is non-original, the rear is not in great condition either if some one had a decent one also.

5. Boot lid hinge.

6. One interior window winder handle and interior door handle

7. Correct ignition key blanks.

I will also post up same list in Viva Lancia to reach as broad an audience as possible,

Thanks,

P
« Last Edit: 12 May, 2013, 09:30:45 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 12 May, 2013, 06:28:42 PM »

You note that yours is a series II B12. Was there a s. 1 B12, or are you referring to the fact that the B12 was a s. II car?

Does yours have the two or three part driveshaft?

Probably recommend getting your existing seats redone. You might consider taking them to Italy, where they have the cloth and the patterns known (in the Como area there is a shop that does Aurelias...).

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2013, 06:41:22 PM »

Hi Geoff,

It says on reg book (reg 31/10/1955),  Aurelia II Serie , then the VIN number , B 12 -5 -1461 on a separate line, might just be the way the Portuguese annotated details on the log book, I think they mistook an "S" for a "5" though. Even though we took driveshaft off, am not sure on that detail.

There were no original seats with it, the seller substituted a set of Flaminia seats instead.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

Though according to the link on the Viva Lancia.com site the car was made in 1954!!

http://www.viva-lancia.com/specials/cd/vin.php

P

Frank Gallagher
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2013, 03:57:04 AM »

That sounds right - the B12 was a second series Aurelia, and then called the B12.

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 05 June, 2014, 02:21:27 PM »

Reviewing the items I've been lucky to locate world wide over the last year, my list of requirements is getting shorter by the day.

I still need the following ....

1. Decent front and rear seats, needing complete restoration if need be, I can source other B21/22 seats but would prefer not to.

2. Front indicators ( I have seen fronts for sale as repro units at eye wateringly high prices)

3. Rear indicators

4. Front bumper, the one on it is non-original, the rear is not in great condition either if some one had a decent one also.

5. Boot lid hinge.

6. One interior window winder handle and interior door handle

7. Correct ignition key blanks.

I will also post up same list in Viva Lancia to reach as broad an audience as possible,

Thanks,

P

Just to up-date this thread....

Of No 1, I've located both front and rears, the rear being quite poor, so still interested in a better version.

2. Still looking

3. Got rear indicators

4 and 5 got both these

6. Got these

7. Still looking.

Also need a couple more bits though have been luck is sourcing a lot of bits/spares/extras in Europe.

New needs -

1. Exhaust manifolds

2. Tensile steel spring to retain front door when open

3. Tool kit

PS Basically anything B12 in origin!

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2014, 04:25:42 PM »

There is an excellent trimmer in Ferrara, Italy N of Bologna called Ferrarese who are very familiar with Aurelias. If necessary they will make new seat frames.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »

Hi Chris, the front is pretty good, the rear will need more work, but not seen it in the flesh until I collect in summer time......no rush with it anyways

Plus I have a brother-in-law who lectured in woodwork who displayed at the big craft convention in Milan many times and half their pieces used to get nicked, so it will be no bother to him to whip up an Italianesque type frame!!!

P
« Last Edit: 05 June, 2014, 04:53:05 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd