Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Fuse Ratings  (Read 11272 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 07 June, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »

What added to my confusion is that this bulb went the day after I replaced another in the same cluster - so I was looking to blame something I'd done disturbing it - but it really had died...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 08 June, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »

I think every one has wasted a few hours on this type of thing. The worst is when you fit a brand new part and still have the same problem.................then it turns out the new part is faulty too. Results in a wasted weekend you'll never get back!

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
pasey25

« Reply #17 on: 31 October, 2021, 04:13:22 AM »

team, i'm resurrecting this thread.

I've just had someone uninstall (and reinstall) a geabox for me in my white GT. Now I'm constantly blowing the fuse second from the left as soon as the fuse is powered from the ignition switch.

now three things typically electrically disconnected/reconnected with the gearbox removal; reverse switch (disconnecting this doesn't fix the issue), an earth bolted to the bellhousing (checked and still good) and starter motor (not yet checked but is working fine).

I'm not ruling out something else having been played with.

Can anyone comment on what that fuse has on its circuit?

Car still starts and runs, but many electrical components (indicators, non electrical guages), dash operated electrics i.e. wiper (although headlight works)

69 S1 RHD Fulvia 1.3s since 2001
67 S1 RHD Fulvia GT 1231cc since 2020
67 S1 RHD Fulvia GT 1216cc since 2021
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 02 November, 2021, 08:58:25 AM »

Wiring diagrams on the technical info thread may help.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
pasey25

« Reply #19 on: 03 November, 2021, 05:59:08 AM »

followed the yellow wire row...

from the fuse down to the flasher, and then from the flasher to the stop light switch which was shorting on the steering column shroud. Someone in the preceding 50 years decided to move the stop light switch on this car from the master cylinder to the pedal box.

69 S1 RHD Fulvia 1.3s since 2001
67 S1 RHD Fulvia GT 1231cc since 2020
67 S1 RHD Fulvia GT 1216cc since 2021
GlynW

Fulvia S2 1600HF (1971)

« Reply #20 on: 22 November, 2021, 10:59:43 AM »

Hi,

Over the years, I have made notes on the wiring of my Fulvia (S2 1600) and compared this with the factory wiring diagrams.  It contains a list of all the electrical items on each fuse and is very close to the Lancia standard. There should be a copy of my notes in the downloads section (called 'Lancia Fulvia wiring notes S2') but I can send you an updated version if you PM me.

The wiring on my UK car placed the inner driving lights on fuse 7 (avvis), along with the horns and radio (with optional electric aerial), so this would have been the most likely candidate for a 25A fuse.  However, unless all the wiring between this fuse and the battery is also rated for this current, its probably best to stick to 16A and risk a blown fuse, rather than a melted wire.  Another interesting feature (not clear if this is unusual) is that the live side of fuse 9 (spie acciens, on the left side of the fusebox) is at the top of the fuse and the load is attached to the bottom.  For all the others, the live side is at the bottom of the fuse and the loads are at the top.  No idea why.  I am using torpedo fuses with ceramic cores (from Frosts) in the hope that these will stop the plastic fusebox cover melting when fuses blow.

There are 2 additional, in-line, 8A fuses in my car.  One protects the radiator fan and is positioned at the fan.  The second is attached to the battery positive terminal in the engine bay and supplies the accessory charging bracket (used for a torch and other accessories) that is located under the dash on the RHS.  I have now used this circuit to power a couple of USB ports for phone and sat nav, discreetly located in the glovebox.

Glyn

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd