Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:00:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10 things  (Read 6013 times)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« on: 31 July, 2007, 06:05:01 PM »

Hi folks
          Chatting at the AGM it was suggested that we Y10 owners ought to get communicating as everyone I know with one is looking for some part or another. Michael Collins in the Herts and Beds group is tearing his hair out trying to find somone who really can supply a GTie rear exhaust box. Chris Catlow in Stroud could use a red drivers door. I could do with some seats that aren't collapsing or even a complete interior in brown. Peter Hudson in the Leeds area could do with a five speed box. And I bet that's just for starters.

Meanwhile I am having great fun with my first Y10, a fire LX aquired from a friend who got it off e-bay for £10. I had to put a new brake calliper on it for its MOT and quadrupled its' value at a stroke!

Happy Lanciaing
                        Frank   
rossocorsa
« Reply #1 on: 31 July, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »

always have very mixed feelings about Y10 myself despite driving around in gtie day to day! if anyone happens to know how to get the speedo to work ALL the time i'd love to know. i remember when i was much younger looking for a new car the gtie was just not that competitive for the same or less money i bought a suzuki swift gti 100bhp twin cam mad as hell and i tuned it to 120bhp (in a shell lighter than a Y10 too!) no wonder they didn't sell all that well when new over here. If anyone is looking for a touring to take on as a project i have one looking for a good home solid underneath (as far as i know) at a glance underneath looks like new! tailgate is shot of course but sweet smooth little engine usual tatty alcantara interior and a good few bumps and scrapes no mot and brakes are hopeless but as the basis of a concours resto it ticks most boxes e mail if interested it needs trailering away and i just can't give it away it's too good! volumex(at)ntlworld.com
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 August, 2007, 08:21:55 PM »

I agree, the Y10 isn't really a great car by any stretch of the imagination but I do find it has a certain quirky character, which I find endearing.

Happy Lancia-ing
                       Frank
rossocorsa
« Reply #3 on: 04 August, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »

yes quirky and rare these days the gtie is nippy too much better than a fire just wish it went around corners better
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 09 August, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »

Not going round corners well? That must be capable of being sorted out. I hear a front strut brace makes a lot of difference. My fire corners remarkably well given it is only on 135 section tyres. I do find it very sensitive to tyre pressures though.

Happy Lancia-ing
                         Frank
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 09 August, 2007, 11:44:57 PM »

Hi Frank,
It's my old GTie & as you know already has a front strut brace, apart from being heavy on the steering as all 1.3's are with the old Fiat cast iron lump instead of the nice lightweight fire alloy engine, I thought it always cornered quite well, but after Alans Delta Hpe, I suppose it would feel a bit that way. Wink

Brian Hilton
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
rossocorsa
« Reply #6 on: 15 August, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »

the earlier y10s are better they had stiffer springs, the gtie dampers have had it i reckon which doesn't help steering is very heavy i reckon it needs the front strut top bearings looking at but reluctant to do unless changing dampers as well keep getting outbid on ebay as i'm too mean to pay good money on this car
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 17 August, 2007, 12:18:10 AM »

I did offer you a pair! Sad

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
rossocorsa
« Reply #8 on: 18 August, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »

can't say that i remember but whatever I'm trying to spend as little as humanly possible on the car as it is meant to be a very cheap banger runabout!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd