Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:52:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Esatau 1950....tasty but.......  (Read 9903 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 09 May, 2014, 05:16:12 AM »

Only done for a Renaultiste Brian, nostalgic and all that, never a fan of any Renault as they were direct competitors of my beloved Citroens over the decades!

P

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 09 May, 2014, 11:23:31 PM »

Only done for a Renaultiste Brian, nostalgic and all that, never a fan of any Renault as they were direct competitors of my beloved Citroens over the decades!

P
Although I love driving 2cvs and Dyane's, one of which I bought as my daughters first car, I used to have Fiat 500's as a second car originally because you left the noise behind you, instead of having it in front, and it was great for getting to work at Vauxhall Motors in Luton as well as being able to park nose in in a  width wise parking bay where there wasn't room for 2 normal size cars.
I still think the 500 is one of the best fun cars I've ever owned, I ran 3 over a number of years and broke another 3 for spares;  I used to go canoe camping with a 13'6" canoe on top and all my camping gear and kit inside, biggest drawback was fuel tank that only held a couple of gallons of petrol and I was always forgetting to fill up until the last moment.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 10 May, 2014, 07:19:48 AM »

Colin, I love the photo of the crashed R4, the look on the children's faces, 'LOOK WHAT DADDY'S DONE!!!!!!'

I too have great memories of a 3 speed R4, the daily commute fro Leigh on Sea to Chelmsford four up. Many civil engineering contractors used them on highway jobs because of their ability to get across sites that, at least in the early stages of the job, resembled ploughed fields on a bad day!!

Rust consumed my R4, as it did virtually all my cars in the early stages of my driving career!!

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 10 May, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »

Brian - that Fiat 500 looks ready to visit relatives in Somerset.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 10 May, 2014, 01:01:28 PM »

Epic Brian....now I know where they got the idea for the Starship Enterprise.............

Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #20 on: 10 May, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »

[/quote]
Although I love driving 2cvs and Dyane's, one of which I bought as my daughters first car, I used to have Fiat 500's as a second car originally because you left the noise behind you, instead of having it in front, and it was great for getting to work at Vauxhall Motors in Luton as well as being able to park nose in in a  width wise parking bay where there wasn't room for 2 normal size cars.
I still think the 500 is one of the best fun cars I've ever owned, I ran 3 over a number of years and broke another 3 for spares;  I used to go canoe camping with a 13'6" canoe on top and all my camping gear and kit inside, biggest drawback was fuel tank that only held a couple of gallons of petrol and I was always forgetting to fill up until the last moment.
Brian
8227 Cool
[/quote]

First car I ever had was it's successor, the 126. Fond memories of that too, learning about being in the right gear for the road! Also trips to the Fairford Air Tattoo, four up plus two tents, cooking equipment, sleeping bags and camera gear too. All the extra weight didn't seem to slow the car down either, something called momentum I think! I'd hate to think what it'd be like to drive one today! Cramped, noisy and slow. But without it I would have probably been condemned to life driving F***s!
Guy
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 10 May, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »

Not to forget – the Renault 16 was also a wonderful car which gave me great pleasure before I was seduced back to Lancia.

But let’s get back to the Esatau. Here’s a photo I took of one in Sardinia in 1964.

Colin
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 10 May, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »

Always a good photo from you Colin. Also Father owned a Renault 16 in the 70's. Saw one in town a while back, which looked rather nice.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 11 May, 2014, 07:58:03 AM »

I presume it would be necessary to have an HGV licence to drive one. That will limit the market considerably.

As was commented above, you seem to get a lot of Lancia for your money!!  I looked at a few you tube clips of them being driven and could not work out the gear change system. Does anyone know what is going on there?

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 11 May, 2014, 08:23:08 AM »

...whats the Italian for stirring the porridge.....Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 11 May, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »

If anyone does buy this I offer my services to drive it for you as I have the necessary licence!! Grin

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 12 May, 2014, 02:32:54 PM »

Still see R4's here being used as everyday cars. I must admit I was surprised when I saw the first one as they are one of those cars that just disappeared off of UK roads - like the Dauphine. But there's usually one in any supermarket car park and they're not mollycoddled. Which is why I'm puzzled - here in Haute Marne we have some scorching summers but very cold winters with rain, snow, ice, grit and salt. So why do they survive? A clue may be the attitude of our local garage - when a neighbour had a heavy impact with a deer and said 'I suppose that's the end of the car' the mechanic replied 'My job is to keep cars on the road, not send them to the scrapyard'.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 13 May, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »

To continue on the Renault theme for a little longer,  R4's are amazing beasts, as many know , I use one everyday. Pictures taken earlier today ......

The other "toy" in the pictures is a wheelbarrow sprayer made by SOLO. 2 stroke engine that makes a fearful noise and sprays sulphur 50 ft in all directions !

At silly-o'clock tomorrow morning I will take the 4L, trailer with 180 l of water and sprayer up to the vines to do the next treatment ......

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 13 May, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »

Sulphur? Don't forget your mask soaked in Chanel No 5.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 13 May, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »

Next year you'll be happier, in an Appia.

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd