Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 03:46:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B20 rear number plate surrounds  (Read 3312 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 24 April, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »

I am working on my 4th series B20 project and came to fit the boot lid lights and aluminium rear number plate surround. Over the last few years I had bought a couple of decent original aluminium rear number plate surrounds, one for this car and the other for my 1st Series B20 which has an incomplete surround (1 side missing which I have fabricated but not very well).
The project car fitting went well but when I came to the 1st series I realised that the rear number plate was much larger as was the distance between the boot lid number plate lights.

I think I am correct in saying that 1st and 2nd Series B20 had approx. 350mm between the lights with a number plate/surround size  of around 325mm x 225mm whereas 3rd and 4th series B20 (and probably 5th and 6th as well) had 290mm between the lights with a number plate/frame size of approx. 290mm x 215mm.

So I have a surplus 'smaller' aluminium rear number plate trim which I will bring to the Aurelia lunch on Sunday if anyone is interested.
And does anyone out there have a 'large' original aluminium trim in reasonable condition (which is probably the same for early Sedans as well) for my 1st Series..
Chris   

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »

I was rather hoping that on Sunday not only would I find a B20 at the Aureila lunch which was missing its rear number plate trim surround - they all had them but also someone would come up with a 'large' Aurelia rear number plate trim/surround.
It was not to be and funnily enough the only other Aurelia missing its rear number plate trim/surround on Sunday also needs the 'large' version..
so could I pose the question again: "And does anyone out there have a 'large' original aluminium trim in reasonable condition (which is probably the same for early Sedans as well) for my 1st Series B20."
Chris

Chris Gawne
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2014, 02:07:03 PM »

There are one or two on subito/ebay.it Chris.....not correct?

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »

These tend to be new repro.... and also the smaller size. I really don't want to fit repro
Chris

Chris Gawne
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 06 March, 2015, 03:49:19 PM »

Rather frustratingly I am still looking for a 'large' original aluminium rear number plate surround trim in reasonable condition (which is probably the same for early Aurelia Sedans as well) for my 1st Series B20.
I think I am correct in saying that 1st and 2nd Series B20 had approx. 350mm between the lights with a number plate/surround size  of around 325mm x 225mm whereas later B20s had the lights closer together and consequently the rear number plate trim surround is smaller (I have one of these to swap or sell if it helps).
Repro smaller ones are for sale in Italy but I have never seen a l;arger one for sale, original or repro. Help!!!!
Chris

Chris Gawne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd