Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:42:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book - "Lancia in the UK" - Thoughts and Reviews  (Read 48079 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #30 on: 18 March, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »

Hello Mark, sorry to hear of your father's passing, but I have just had a message from a non member VL contributor asking if there are any copies available. I will forward his details. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #31 on: 18 March, 2014, 09:59:14 AM »

Hello Mark, sorry to hear of your father's passing, but I have just had a message from a non member VL contributor asking if there are any copies available. I will forward his details. Richard

The club has additional copies at the cover price. If we sell some then the club benefits. Contact me if you would require some.

Tim Heath - Press and Publicity Officer

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 18 March, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »

Thank you Tim, and worth every penny. I will pass that information on. I particularly enjoyed chapter 17. Also the photo of Mike Hawthorn, presumably take at the same time as the better known one featuring the dog.

* Lancia_People_Mike_Hawthorn_1web.JPG (24.42 KB, 500x289 - viewed 1051 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 18 March, 2014, 10:25:34 AM »

Hi Mark, if I might echo Richards sentiments, sorry to hear of your fathers passing.

Hope theres interest in the book, its great value for someone, and can fully understand why its up for sale.

P

Frank Gallagher
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 18 March, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »

Tim,  I'm delighted to hear the club holds some stock.

Mark,  when you get to the stage of a list of items for sale I for one would appreciate seeing it here.  Perhaps also a small add in Viva saying to email for a copy.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 18 March, 2014, 10:50:33 AM »

Page 167.  Photo of a Jolly.  It says Flavia based while I think its Appia.  The camper van mentioned must be the one that was on ebay recently.

My other thought as I get more into it is a "volume two"...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Justin McArdle
Megaposter

Fulvia Berlina 2C

« Reply #36 on: 18 March, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

Mark - sorry to hear of you sad loss.

Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
Fulvia Berlina 2C
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 18 March, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »

Yes volume two. I was thinking the same. Didn't like to mention it, knowing how much time and hard work has gone into volume one, by volunteer club members. I expect there is some surplus material though.

mrmarkyt
Lapsed

« Reply #38 on: 18 March, 2014, 10:42:23 PM »

Hi All

Many thanks for all the kind messages much appreciated.

My dad used to take me round lots of Lancia showrooms when I was a kid so I could collect the brochures (those were the days!)

I will never forget when we saw the Trevi for the first time - we were absolutely amazed by the dash (and seat) design!

Thanks again

Mark..
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 18 March, 2014, 11:58:52 PM »

Page 167.  Photo of a Jolly.  It says Flavia based while I think its Appia.  The camper van mentioned must be the one that was on ebay recently.

My other thought as I get more into it is a "volume two"...

David
David
According to 'Camion Lancia' your correct, Jolly was based on Appia, while Superjolly was based on Flavia; by the time Superjolly entered production, Jolly Poduction had ceased.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #40 on: 19 March, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »

Hi Brian/David
- I've opened a separate thread here http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7002.0 for members to list any errors, corrections, anomalies or additions. Feel free to contribute ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #41 on: 19 March, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

Steve - that's good - but I hope that members won't get too obsessive about spotting errors and pointing them out. We are extremely fortunate to have such a wide-ranging and thorough history in such an attractive volume - let's not lose sight of that too quickly!
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #42 on: 19 March, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »

Hi Adrian : yes, it's not meant to be a 'critical' thread but a 'useful' one something that could be of real value to the club. Given the number of members on here that are reading the book we're bound to find a few things ....

Having read through the chapters on rust and the withdrawing from the UK - there are a lot of 'lessons learned' there ... it's not something I really appreciated at the time but I do remember going to the NEC motorshow in my metro Smiley with a friend and laughing at the Skoda Estelle that was there where every bit of trim was loose ... they don't make them like that any more ! Skoda jokes - I remember those too. Such a shame that it wasn't done with Lancia ... not a rose tinted chapter ...

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #43 on: 23 March, 2014, 07:55:03 PM »

Delighted to see references to an all time fellow Irvinestownian rallying legend, Cahal Curley and his association with the Chequered Flag Stratos.

P

* cahal stratos 1972ee21da3ef3f32a2e5cd18b.jpg (65.18 KB, 640x447 - viewed 1051 times.)

Frank Gallagher
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #44 on: 25 March, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »

I started at the beginning and have just got to the bit about the formation of this Lancia Club. 

What stands out is the quality of the research and the clarity of its presentation.  I think of Jack as excitable and his style as conversational but this is really measured stuff taking great care to tell the story as he's found it. I greatly enjoyed the early history and the context of the Italian economy and car market.  The pre-war history is really well told.  The formation of this club is a story with several sides and all the more fascinating for it.

It really is a good read...

Well done to everyone involved !!

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd