Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:07:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B20 Aurelia purchase  (Read 12097 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 27 January, 2014, 04:58:10 PM »

Say no more...

Another option - my "Plan B" when I was Aurelia shopping - in truth "Plan A" as I never thought I'd be able to stretch to or be brave enough to take on an Aurelia - was one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_Sprint_Blaye_2013_01.JPG

For a four seater is there, or has there ever been, a finer car than a Flavia Zagato Smiley

David
« Last Edit: 27 January, 2014, 04:59:49 PM by DavidLaver » Logged

David Laver, Lewisham.
bruciebonuz
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 27 January, 2014, 05:13:57 PM »

Hi Tim,  four seats isnt a big issue.  There are 5 in the family.  Or 6 if you include the new dog.

A classic is really for me, occasionally one or two of the kids for the odd ride here and there and occasionally just me and the wife as a treat.   For all 6 of us to go anywhere its the 12 year old 105k mile ratty as hell X5.

1969 RHD Fanalone Lusso
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 27 January, 2014, 05:26:12 PM »

Only one garage and the B20 is where the heart lies.  I really question how many of these very expensive £100k plus cars sell? - they all seem to have been on the market forever.  The only ones that seem to sell are the ones priced below £80k and they sell before the ads go live.
I think your comments about sub £80K cars sums up the Aurelia market, if you could find a nice B20 for this price you should snatch the sellers hand off!
If you can find a nice original B20 for less than £100K you need to be going to see it asap, because it may be you last chance to buy one at this price.
Over £100K if you have the money fine, but at this price I think they have to be 100%.  
Next year you will be reading this again wishing the prices were still this low.

I would not dismiss the Aurelia saloon, they may not quite have the looks of the B20, or the speed, BUT they have everything else.
Really nice ones in Europe are now advertised at over £30K. Don't wait too long or you will be too late!
You should go and see this one while it is still available
http://www.europeanclassiccars.co.uk/cars_25.html
I have seen it and driven it, I was almost tempted to sell the B50 to buy it, but then the other car (as in David's buy two instead of one senario) was sold , so I changed my mind.

I know of two ex-Aurelia owners who wish they hadn't sold their cars and are now desperatly trying to find one at a sensible price to no avail.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
B20B24

« Reply #18 on: 27 January, 2014, 06:54:49 PM »

I have a 356 Porsche I'm selling soon - I'll PM you

Clive

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 27 January, 2014, 07:27:18 PM »

That B10 is very nice, only down side is the lack of relative ooommmmppphhhh, styling wise etc, its wonderful....Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
B20B24

« Reply #20 on: 27 January, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »

I'm biased but the 356 is a terrific looking and driving car.

Its also - dare I say it - as well built and designed as the B20.

And to work on - a doddle.

Smiley

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 28 January, 2014, 10:05:40 PM »

Just a sly drool...

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C454599

Interesting to see how many are advertised.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 28 January, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »

Just a sly drool...

David
Yet another case of the owner not giving an asking price,I don't know why people bother to advertise, are they too shy to say what they want for it? seems to be quite a proliferation of this practice lately, looking in 'Classic Car Weekly' last week there's at least 30 cars advertised without the asking price, seems to be mostly Dealers with mainly email addresses followed by the phone number, why do they think anyone would want to bother without even a ball park figure to go on, I certainly wouldn't.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
B20B24

« Reply #23 on: 29 January, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »

I know the guy selling that B20. He wanted 70k Euros 3/4 months ago, but his price fluctuates according to who asks, hence the POA. Rot free apparently but needs restoration.

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 29 January, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »

If the Genoan seller of the black 2nd Series B20 is who I think it is, I have never known him sell anything Aurelia related for less than top money. Having said that, he always seems to be open and honest about ther condition of the cars and he has a lot of original spare parts so the 'completeness' of the car shouldnt be a problem.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 29 January, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »

Hello Jonathan,
Sorry to hear that you didnt get the B20 from last year....but if you really want one then persist. You only live once!!
Regarding the gold B20 at Stolze, he has had it for a while and I am afraid have a bit of a thing about non-original colours. B20s are understated cars - and certainly not ever 'in your face' like this one. I recall Michael Newberry had a gold B20 some years ago and to me it looked a little bright in the flesh.

Picking up on another point in a post, I disagree that there are still lots of UK Aurelia projects around. It took me a year to find my current project - an early 4th series B20 which I am now about to start re-assembling - and that was 3 years ago now which is really before the boom.
Not sure what to suggest other than to move quickly and decisively once you see or hear of something of interest. What seems to be happening now is that prospective B20 buyers are trying to open conversations with B20 owners who are not even advertising their cars for sale. It has happened to me.
I promise you that if you buy a good well sorted car, you and your wife will thoroughly enjoy it.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
bruciebonuz
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #26 on: 29 January, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »

I will continue to keep a keen eye out but may well get a 356 in the meantime.  I could wait a long time for an Aurelia and am keen to replace the Fanalone before the cash gets diverted into something less car shaped and more kitchen shaped.

1969 RHD Fanalone Lusso
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 29 January, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »

I will continue to keep a keen eye out but may well get a 356 in the meantime.  I could wait a long time for an Aurelia and am keen to replace the Fanalone before the cash gets diverted into something less car shaped and more kitchen shaped.

Jonathan, that, in my experience, is a very real and present danger!!!! Invest in a 356 by all means, but never lose the wish for an Aurelia!!!!  Good luck.

Andy
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 29 January, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »

Just a sly drool...

David
Yet another case of the owner not giving an asking price,I don't know why people bother to advertise, are they too shy to say what they want for it? seems to be quite a proliferation of this practice lately, looking in 'Classic Car Weekly' last week there's at least 30 cars advertised without the asking price, seems to be mostly Dealers with mainly email addresses followed by the phone number, why do they think anyone would want to bother without even a ball park figure to go on, I certainly wouldn't.
Brian
8227 Cool
I can understand why the seller of a car, especially at the upper end of the market does not want to publicise the price they want for their car to all and sundry, I can equally understand why someone buying such a car does not want everyone to know what they have paid for it. Those that are really interested will always ask, the rest are just curious!
« Last Edit: 29 January, 2014, 06:01:04 PM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 30 January, 2014, 07:18:53 AM »

Just a sly drool...

David
Brian
8227 Cool
I can understand why the seller of a car, especially at the upper end of the market does not want to publicise the price they want for their car to all and sundry, I can equally understand why someone buying such a car does not want everyone to know what they have paid for it. Those that are really interested will always ask, the rest are just curious!

I think people's problem (especially with dealers) is the perception that they will rack up the price on assessment of the potential customer, rather than quoting a genuine valuation?

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd