Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:34:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fulvia sport values  (Read 5513 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 30 June, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »

i see the  classic cars mags price guide values a fulvia sport at 12k ( dealer price ),a 25% rise in a few months.apart from the one at RTCC does  anyone know if this represents current cost?obviously a fraction of full restoration costs does this mean the model is becoming more popular,or is there simply more money in the market? best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
16HFS

« Reply #1 on: 30 June, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

I think values of really good coupe and sports have been rising for the last couple of years now. I know of 2 really nice original S2 coupe 1600HF's that have recently sold for 12K and the other for 11K,  both were private sales, so without a doubt i think prices are on the up at last.  Regards.   
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 01 July, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »

thanks for the info 16HFS.the same price guide suggests a dealer price of £16 K for a flaminia GT/GTL.can it be true that the  values  of these two great designs are this close in todays market?if so i'd be happy to exchange my  low milage barnfind S1 sport ,now  sympathetically restored with many top cond.original components for a GT of similar quality + cash adjustment.i am little apprehensive of the chance of a retrograde step though, having 20 years of fulvia knowledge +experience all of which is positive. any suggestions welcome.best regards richard.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 02 July, 2007, 10:41:04 AM »

Fulvia prices puzzle me full stop compared to say a contemporary Guilietta 1.3 or 1.6.  Alfa has a race history, Lancia has a race and rally history so there's no reason there to have a price difference. I've never read a bad word in magazines about Fulvias. In the classic car world they are recognised as great cars by knowledgeable people. So why are they still so cheap compared to Alfas for instance? I bought mine from Richard Thorne for £4250 in 1993 and insured it for agreed value at £5500. Ten years later I thought I'd better up the insurance. I drove it over to RT and said I had it insured for £5500 and he said that was about right at that time. So no increase in 10 years. There is some good news though. Now it's in France (and Fulvias seem more appreciated for what they are generally in Europe) the price has risen dramatically. The local garage and a French club member who saw it and popped in value it at around 12000 euros. That's about £8000 - a bit more than the usual £4500 you see 1.3 coupes priced at in the UK.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2007, 08:05:40 PM »

thanks for the info 16HFS.the same price guide suggests a dealer price of £16 K for a flaminia GT/GTL.can it be true that the  values  of these two great designs are this close in todays market?if so i'd be happy to exchange my  low milage barnfind S1 sport ,now  sympathetically restored with many top cond.original components for a GT of similar quality + cash adjustment.i am little apprehensive of the chance of a retrograde step though, having 20 years of fulvia knowledge +experience all of which is positive. any suggestions welcome.best regards richard.

I think you would be lucky to get a good Flaminia Touring for £16K now, there are plenty for sale in Europe but £20K upwards seem nearer the mark, although you can find a restoration project for as little as £5K, but be prepared to spend at least 10 times this on restoration!!  In other words buy one that someone else has spent the money on.
You would find the Flaminia is much more Gran Turisimo than the sporty Fulvia, just depends on your preference. I've had both, but prefer the Aurelia!!!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 06 July, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

There's a S2 1500 Sport on ebay at the moment for £0.99
any takers?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lancia-Fulvia_W0QQitemZ130131545602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ2192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 24 July, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »

She sold for around 343 GBP

brave buyer !

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd