Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:23:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgilio book  (Read 43093 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #90 on: 29 August, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »

I regret to say that the "forum bulk order" isn't going to happen...

It is to the credit of the book that it has been adopted by the mainstream book trade and is available from a large number of suppliers at prices that just don't make our enterprise worthwhile.  My "wake up" a week or so back was realising that the list was starting to shrink rather than grow.  From the forum we didn't have quite enough, with the "Aurelia Lunch" list (a lot of overlaps) we had just enough but as more and more withdrew it ceased to be viable and I'd now say is well beyond hope.

Happy hunting!!

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #91 on: 29 August, 2014, 09:12:04 PM »

Just ordered my own copy.  I went with Book Depository who have been excellent in the past.  A little more than Amazon (but via the Amazon platform).  I'll report on the quality of the packing as and when it arrives.

Something else I "woke up to" was that the ones dropping out tended to be people I actually knew.  It occurred to me that it was no more likely they'd drop out than the others, just more likely that they'd tell me.

Don't forget Geoff's other "books" on the self publishing platform Blurb:

http://www.blurb.co.uk/user/geoffreyg

On my wish list but have yet to see copies.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #92 on: 30 August, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »

Received my copy from Amazon this afternoon and in excellent condition. A really great book!
Regards, John
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #93 on: 30 August, 2014, 07:10:20 PM »

Thanks for your efforts David. I shall order a copy in the near future from one of the suppliers.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #94 on: 30 August, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »

Thanks for your efforts David. I shall order a copy in the near future from one of the suppliers.

Me too David, thank you.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Tony Stephens

« Reply #95 on: 31 August, 2014, 07:32:31 AM »

David (and Ade)

Thanks for volunteering to source this book for us all.

I have now gone with the general tendency and ordered from Amazon, it will arrive on Wednesday.

Can't wait!

Nevertheless, much appreciate your initiative: please cancel my verbal and email commitments.

Tiny
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #96 on: 31 August, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »

Indeed David, thank you for your efforts.

One source I won't be buying from....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCIA-AND-DE-VIRGILIO-AT-THE-CENTRE-/191286661727?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item2c8992d25f

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #97 on: 31 August, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »

More competitors in same vein above......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-and-De-Virgilio-At-the-Centre-by-Geoffrey-Goldberg-9781935007258-/331305463256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d23582dd8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-And-De-Virgilio-At-The-Centre-Goldberg-Geoffrey-/161398867131?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item25941f44bb

P

Frank Gallagher
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #98 on: 02 September, 2014, 09:16:28 AM »

I have just taken delivery of my copy of the book, which came from Amazon using the courier Hermes. The Amazon packaging was badly damaged but had been repaired by Hermes. I examined the book before signing for it and to my relief it is unblemished.

After only a quick look through it, I have to say it is a delight! Thank you Geoff for creating such a beautiful book. Your use and choice of photos and illustrations are superb, with such sensitivity to the period.

Colin
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #99 on: 02 September, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »

In my enviable position, I have read the Club's Library copy I took away from the AGM and what a superb book it is. Such detail and beautiful drawings, pictures and history.  I was going to send a report to VL but Jack has already beaten me to it.  It was a delight to read and a great record of such an influential man and his family. Well done Geoff, I hope you are justifiably proud.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #100 on: 02 September, 2014, 03:18:51 PM »

Gladly, people are finally getting their copies, and distribution woes are working themselves out. And fears of damage seem to have put to rest. All good. Thanks to all for good thoughts and glad to share this work with you all.

The book is (as you might gather) the product of many years of effort. Many who saw it in its very rough stages quashed their doubts and contributed to it. Without their help, such a detailed history could not have been written. Its a sign of the times, that information will be lost if we don't get it down.

Continued discussion about the book is always welcome - if people have questions, feel free to ask. Also, don't be shy - contributions to the Lanciainfo.com blog are always never turned away!

Geoff

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #101 on: 03 September, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »

Geoff, a masterpiece, something of which you may be justifiably proud. Thank you, mainly to you, but also to all those others responsible for bringing it to press.

David, thank you for volunteering to take on the bulk buy/distribution task, even though it came to nought.

Finally Amazon. My copy arrived, wholly intact in a large box with plenty of packing, so no complaints there!!

Andy
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #102 on: 03 September, 2014, 09:58:22 AM »

Following the last post, can David confirm whether or not he is going ahead with the bulk order proposed earlier?

I apologise if I am dim, but I don't think this has been made explicit.

Ciao a tutti

cesare
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #103 on: 03 September, 2014, 01:45:42 PM »

Following the last post, can David confirm whether or not he is going ahead with the bulk order proposed earlier?

I apologise if I am dim, but I don't think this has been made explicit.

Ciao a tutti

cesare

Hi Cesare

The answer is no for sure, David from above says

"I regret to say that the "forum bulk order" isn't going to happen..."

Also he says

"Just ordered my own copy........ from Book Depository"

So would make no sense if he was still going ahead with the bulk order.

David, apologies if I have misinterpreted, but I think not!

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Justin McArdle
Megaposter

Fulvia Berlina 2C

« Reply #104 on: 03 September, 2014, 02:54:38 PM »

Hi Cesare
I got my copy from Amazon. Free next day delivery with Prime and very well packed in large sturdy carton.
The book is excellent.
Justin

Lancia 2000 HF Coupe
Fulvia Berlina 2C
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd