Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 10:12:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgilio book  (Read 43115 times)
Mic

« on: 18 January, 2014, 06:26:14 PM »

Just been talking to Angela Cherrett (vintage Alfa section) and she mentions the coming Geoff Goldberg book about Virgilio. Having seen a proof copy she waxes eloquent, as they say.  She was told publication in the spring.

Does anyone know any more, especially where those of us in Europe will be able to purchase as the publisher seems to be American.  Chaters?  Amazon?  Through the Club?

ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »

Geoff is a member of the LMC and posts on here under "GG". I'm sure if you PM him he'll let you know.

It'll certainly be worth the wait!

Neil

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »

Geoff has contacted me and has requested that for the time being interested parties are directed to either his website where there is a brief description of the book under "publications" or to David Bull.

http://lanciainfo.com/Lancia_Info/De_Virgilio_book.html

There are also some other very interesting publications already available:

http://lanciainfo.com/Lancia_Info/Publications.html

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Mic

« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »

Acting on your second reply I have emailed the publishers.  Partly as I have no idea what to PM someone means!  Sounds rather nasty.

I will post again as and when I have a reply.  I have particularly asked for a better idea of publication date and where one can order within Europe.
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 19 January, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »

PM means sending someone a Private Message so you can communicate off the forum. If you click on a members name it'll bring up their details and you can find the link to send them your question.

Guy
Mic

« Reply #5 on: 21 January, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »

Just received this reply from the publisher.  Any more news I will post.  I will ask who their UK distributor is.

Hi Mic.

We will add you to our contact list so we can let you know when the book becomes available. Sales throughout Europe will be handled through our UK distributor so you should be able to purchase a copy through the UK rather than the US.

Best regards,

Tracy Moore
David Bull Publishing
Mic

« Reply #6 on: 22 January, 2014, 09:29:20 AM »

And here is the latest news from the publisher.

"Our distributor sells to Chaters so you should have no problem."
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 31 January, 2014, 02:08:17 AM »

Thanks for the interest. The book is in very very last stages of proofing, so its done and ready. Probably 3-4 months out until available. No promises, but its been a long haul. I hope you will find it interesting. Some of the material was presented at the Sliding Pillar rally in Belgium last year, so you might ask  someone who was there about it.

Its got a lot of unpublished material, and rather the inside story. We might be able (if there is enough club interest) to do a package deal with someone for better pricing.

Geoff

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 31 January, 2014, 08:27:48 AM »

Lovely to hear Geoff...looking forward to it.

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 31 January, 2014, 09:10:50 PM »

I am most definitely interested !!!!!!

If a list is being compiled please add my name to it!!!!

Andy
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 01 February, 2014, 03:07:30 AM »

Having been fortunate enough to see some of the content of this book, its a must for me. Please add me to the list (if there is one) for a package deal.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 01 February, 2014, 08:58:13 AM »

Likewise.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 01 February, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »

And me!

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Mic

« Reply #13 on: 09 June, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »

Being overseas I order regularly through Amazon and they have just told me there is a delay on this book and I should have delivery between 7 and 9 July.
Mic

« Reply #14 on: 20 June, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »

Another delay it seems.

New info from Amazon saying there is another I can now expect delivery 6-8 August.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd