Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:22:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is this ?  (Read 2102 times)
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« on: 09 January, 2014, 02:21:38 AM »

Anyone know who this is ?   Is it a UK car ?

* aurelia racing.jpg (121.11 KB, 900x636 - viewed 313 times.)

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 January, 2014, 07:08:07 AM »

I cant remember this driver/preparers name but he came out on track 3 or 4 years ago with his B20 and did just one race I think. He had previously raced and prepared Lotus Cortina's and the previous season we had chatted at various race events when he had spoke with great confidence and authority about his Aurelia's race potential and how his unique engine preparation would give him much more power than existing UK competition B20s, particularly with respect to engine cooling and compression ratios I recall.
I think I am right in saying that this photo is from Donington (I wasn't competing there that day but a friend was) and that whilst he drove with great verve in the race it was shortlived as he retired with engine problems during the race.
And since then there has been no news.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd