Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:57:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West of England cloth......alternative sources?  (Read 4738 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 23 December, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »

I knew it was mentioned somewhere on the forum but couldn't find it, several kind members then send me the link plus their experiences of using the same.

I see they are advertising 10% off to LMC club members in Viva Lancia, always to be welcomed, plus on their website........10% off on orders of rubber seals above 100,00 Euros

http://www.elvezio.com/

Given the name of the cloth, is it only made in UK, or where else can you obtain same?

P

Frank Gallagher
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #1 on: 24 December, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »

West of England cloth has always been mentioned by lancisti in Britain. In Italy you can get what they maintain is the original cloth.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 December, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »

Thank you for that Niels, does it have an Italian name?

P

Frank Gallagher
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #3 on: 24 December, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »

Once I thought that the original cloth was made by Zegna, but later I found out that this is probably only the case with later models. Several Italian companies say that the stock the original material, but I have never been able to find out who made it. I think the best is to ask a number of suppliers to send you a piece of material and then to judge yourself. Be aware that West of England cloth is heavier - and perhaps stronger - than the original. So the best is to compare the new with a bit of the original.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 24 December, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »

I have asked Esposito about the cloth, will wait and see what they come back with, I assume they are the only supplier of the exact or nearest equivalent cloth

P

Frank Gallagher
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #5 on: 13 January, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »

Someone here will probably know better, but I think that the manufacturer of the cloth that other Italian suppliers (such as Esposito) sell/use might be Trinchero.

http://www.trincheroshop.com/portalecommerciale/ebusiness/Default.aspx

Their site isn't working very well for me, but you might have more luck.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 13 January, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »

Thanks Will, they still hadn't come back to me, so will bypass and go directly to Trinchero when the time comes

P

Frank Gallagher
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 13 January, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »

For the Aprilia, I used a beautiful wool cloth from a company in Italy called "ERREFFE". 35 euros a linear m (1.4 wide I think, maybe a bit wider). I bought a tan colour but it is available in several colours. Have a look on the Ardea website for more options, but PM me your address if you would like a sample of the tan colour

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 13 January, 2014, 12:15:24 PM »

I think the Aurelia cloth is pretty unique, and a lot more pricey, so unless its extremely close may not be an option Simon, but I will take you up on the offer, thanks

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 13 January, 2014, 12:28:01 PM »

http://www.erreffe.net/2704-tessuti-per-capote?isolang=en&orderby=name&orderway=asc&id_lang=1

These guys I take it

P

Frank Gallagher
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 13 January, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »

The very same !

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd