Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:04:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cap for gas trunk  (Read 3307 times)
duelitriemezzo
Lapsed

« on: 30 November, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »

Hello,
i am searching 2 caps for my gas trunk.

Thank you for help.
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »

Looks very similar to an Aprilia tank filter (maybe other 40's and 50's models as well ?)

I am sure there will be better and cheaper availability for these other models, maybe worth a try

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2013, 12:51:17 PM »

I know it will not make you feel any better to know that I have even less of those units remaining on my car !!!!  You have reminded me of another little job that I have to sort out !!

I recall a telephone conversation with Peter Harding where, if I remember correctly, he said that they were available as an exchange unit. It would definitely be worth asking him. I tried to find a source of a suitable brass mesh to use to refurbish mine and failed miserably.

Good luck, please let us know if you find a way of dealing with the problem.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »

I know it will not make you feel any better to know that I have even less of those units remaining on my car !!!!  You have reminded me of another little job that I have to sort out !!

I recall a telephone conversation with Peter Harding where, if I remember correctly, he said that they were available as an exchange unit. It would definitely be worth asking him. I tried to find a source of a suitable brass mesh to use to refurbish mine and failed miserably.

Good luck, please let us know if you find a way of dealing with the problem.
Andy,
It's a bit difficult to see how big the filter is, but Fulvia has something similar and although I've had it some time I bought the mesh tube to fit Fulvia from Omicron, so perhaps they may be able to help.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 01 December, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »

Thank you for that Brian, I will call them.

Andy
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2013, 07:44:37 AM »

I made a coarse mesh from a tear strainer and wired it on with copper wire. A finer filter before the pump deals with anything finer

All seems to work 2 years on

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 02 December, 2013, 08:15:57 AM »

A nice bit of innovation there Simon, I now have a backstop!!

Many thanks,

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd