Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:19:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distributor brushes  (Read 2713 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 16 May, 2009, 06:56:23 AM »

For years I have had trouble with the brush plating carbon onto the inside of the distributor cap.  I have made a variety of brushes from various sources but with no great difference in this problem.  I had hoped that the new caps from the Consortium would solve the problem but no luck.  Does anyone else have this difficulty or a cure for it?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 28 November, 2013, 11:31:34 AM »

Gosh, long time no see.   No resolution to this problem for me, perhaps someone else has solved it in the interval?  Went out in Old Boot yesterday and had to clean inside the distributor cap to get her going and again after a few miles.  Brushes are not listed in the Consortium spares list so we make our own but from what?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd