Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:48:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flavia Vignale for restoration (or spares?)  (Read 2507 times)
ITSA

« on: 28 November, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »

http://classiccars.brightwells.com/viewdetails.php?id=3986

815 135 1508 Lot 2 at Brightwells yesterday sold for a hammer price of £1,600 and now on Ebay.

A car in similar condition apparently sold on Ebay twice in the space of a few days earlier this month, the second time for £2,250.

I wonder if anyone knows anything about either.

Chris
Prisma, Dedra & Flavias from time to time
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2013, 08:53:02 AM »

That is one brave purchase!!!!

Just love what's left of the steering wheel!!!!

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 29 November, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »

The dry and dusty sounding "barn find" on ebay sounds so much better than the smell of damp and cold steel "shipping container" implies.   I can't remember quite the turn of phrase for mine but "damp council lockup with a failed roof" was the sense I got and the fact that the carpet stank and fell apart was no surprise.   When it got dry enough that the rust could come out as dust not paste that was progress.

"Barn find" conjures that picture perfect light coat of dust that's blown in through the gaps in the boards. Dry and fresh.  Parked up with a minor fault and forgotten.  Complete, correct, time warp.

I'm wondering how long before an auction house sues someone for devaluation of a "barn find" for the sacrilege of letting that dust blow off in transport, or a junior employee being sacked for giving it a once over with a bucket and sponge, or the fact that those barn find auction lots are "set dressed" by people from the film industry.

All the same - its good to see someone valued it even if that someone was a speculator. Its saved not scrapped.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
ITSA

« Reply #3 on: 05 December, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

Bidding stopped at £917 (reserve not met) at the end of the car's second listing on Ebay.

Chris
Prisma, Dedra & Flavias from time to time
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd