Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:00:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Aurelia?  (Read 3156 times)
lee69
« on: 19 June, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »

In Auto Express this week:

"Lancia back in Britain

Lancia is set to return to Britain – but not before it has put the finishing touches to a new coupé cabriolet flagship inspired by the original Aurelia

By Dan Strong
15th June 2007

Reborn Aurelia to share chassis with Maserati Spyder. Sharing chassis design and engineering with the hotly anticipated Maserati Spyder, it will revive the Aurelia badge, last worn by the car pictured in our main image.

Featuring a metal folding roof, the two-plus-two would compete with the likes of the Jaguar XK and Lexus SC430, offering refinement and upmarket styling. Likely to be unveiled within the next 18 months – possibly at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show – the new drop-top will also offer a V8 engine and rear-wheel drive.

While prices are yet to be confirmed, given Lancia’s luxurious, top-end image, it’s expected that they will be higher than for equivalent Alfa Romeos, although less than those of Maserati. That means the car could cost as much as £50,000.

Yet the top-of-the-range Aurelia will not be the only Lancia to arrive in UK showrooms. Both the marque’s Musa mini- MPV, which is already on sale in its Italian home market, and the ever popular Ypsilon supermini look set to grace our shores as well. There are also plans to resurrect the formidable Delta name, famously applied to the four-wheel-drive hatchbacks of the Nineties, which were also the last Lancia-badged vehicles to be officially sold in Britain.

However, while the original Delta – particularly in sporty Integrale trim – owed much of its design and development to its roots in rallying, it’s anticipated that the new version will be a much less performance-oriented model similar to Fiat’s Bravo."

Lee
« Last Edit: 19 June, 2007, 06:40:43 PM by lee69 » Logged
Harvey
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2007, 03:23:38 PM »

Must pop down to WHS at the weekend and take a peek. I'm assuming it's the usual magazine rumour mill in action, so I won't reach for my cheque book yet.
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »

I remember back when the Thesis was first rumoured, it too was going to be called Aurelia and there were going to be saloon, coupe and station wagon varieties. In fact I got on the phone to my tame dealer in Amsterdam to order the first coupe they got

So we'll wait and see what happens this time before getting too excited

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd