Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 12:35:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone Classic  (Read 2367 times)
Jaydub
Megaposter

« on: 15 August, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »

Hi to you all,
This is my first post, so apologies if I haven't posted correctly. I just wanted to ask where were you all on Saturday July 27th. The Silverstone Classic is the most exciting and prestigious classic car event of the year and there were only 3 cars on display on the Lancia stand when I visited. Admittedly it was about 4.30pm as I had been working most of the day giving trackside support, so maybe some cars had left, but I had searched out the stand hoping to see some cars and have a chat, but I was so disappointed, not even a small marquee! There were plenty of other Italian makes represented in much greater numbers, so why the dismal turn out of Lancias?

Regards, John.

1600 HF. S2.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

Hi to you all,
This is my first post, so apologies if I haven't posted correctly. I just wanted to ask where were you all on Saturday July 27th. The Silverstone Classic is the most exciting and prestigious classic car event of the year and there were only 3 cars on display on the Lancia stand when I visited. Admittedly it was about 4.30pm as I had been working most of the day giving trackside support, so maybe some cars had left, but I had searched out the stand hoping to see some cars and have a chat, but I was so disappointed, not even a small marquee! There were plenty of other Italian makes represented in much greater numbers, so why the dismal turn out of Lancias?

Regards, John.

Hi John,
Welcome to the Forum and your first posting, looks fine to me.
I wasn't at Silverstone although I have been previously, when it comes to numbers on the ground most of the other Italian makes have current vehicles to boost their numbers, something we are sadly lacking in, unfortunately July and August Calendars are also full of events local and National, & I suspect many like myself weren't sitting at home twiddling thumbs, but were out doing our bit to show off Lancias elsewhere, besides which the racing bit with associated noise isn't everyones cup of tea.
PS. Did you make it to the Fulvia 50th at Goodwood? there were plenty of us there Grin

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 15 August, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »

Hi John,
Brian makes a fair point - I've been for the past three years and there's been a lot going on within the club too - it is a great event and I'll be looking forward to going again next year. Lancia is always going to be small numbers : except for the headline events. The NEC stand is the best place for a chat as it is static and doesn't clash or hit the bust part of the year.
Steve

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Jaydub
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »

Thank you guys for your replies. I accept your reasoning Brian because of course we all like different things which is good ,otherwise life would be extremely boring. Personally, having spent most of my working life around racing engines and classic cars, the sound of a race engine on full song is just so evocative. Regarding Fulvia 50, it was my intention to attend with my Fulvia 1600 HF, but I needed to complete a 3 and a half year full "body off chassis "restoration on a 1952 Mercedes type 300, for a client, and so haven't started the Fulvia restoration yet having owned it since 2008. One day!

1600 HF. S2.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2013, 12:42:24 AM »

Thank you guys for your replies. I accept your reasoning Brian because of course we all like different things which is good ,otherwise life would be extremely boring. Personally, having spent most of my working life around racing engines and classic cars, the sound of a race engine on full song is just so evocative. Regarding Fulvia 50, it was my intention to attend with my Fulvia 1600 HF, but I needed to complete a 3 and a half year full "body off chassis "restoration on a 1952 Mercedes type 300, for a client, and so haven't started the Fulvia restoration yet having owned it since 2008. One day!

Hello John,
Sorry you couldn't make it to the 50th with your 1600 HF but I understand the need to make a living! however don't put off the restoration of your HF too long as time goes by so quickly, and who knows what's around the corner.
I do like to hear racing cars at full chat, but these days my elderly ears just can't take the noise all day long Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd