Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Fuel Pump and Filter King regulator  (Read 16106 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 22 July, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »

Keep it !!

There's been a couple of bits in Viva regarding Aurelias and keeping the fuel cool.  My test was a commute through the Blackwall tunnel.  Others want to be able to tour in Italy in the summer.  Its one of the things with an Aurelia where it shows its age.

An electric fan is another sensible addition.  Just recently I've started seeing what I would call motorbike size fans on classic cars (I expect its in paddocks) sometimes in multiples which might be a way of fitting in something as well as the standard fan with the motivation being to keep the under bonnet view pure.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 23 July, 2013, 12:09:58 PM »

Mine are fitted in the back, in the boot in the Aprilia and behind the trim in the Fulvia Sport so are unobtrusive.  Seem to work OK, the Aprilia has a Filter King but the Fulvia merely the pump.   At least Lambdas don't need such things, if the ultra reliable Exhausteur (=Autovac) does pack up you merely pour a gallon into its tank and gravity does the rest.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #17 on: 24 July, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »

I bought a Facet FSE476087 fuel pump and a Filter King FSEFPR004 with 6 - 8 mm pipes for Carol's standard Fulvia 1.3S "Tigger".

The pump comes fitted with its own built-in filter to prevent damage to itself from tank debris, unlike the stupid original Bosch setup on my HPE VX.   Roll Eyes

One could probably argue against the Filter King being fitted with this pump, except it does provide fuel pressure regulation and a clear visual window on what's going on with the fuel.

Our Fulvia has a couple of handy bosses on the bodywork near the fuel piping where I plan to securely mount the Filter King.  Smiley

I have some pics, but unfortunately the "Upload Folder is full".
« Last Edit: 24 July, 2013, 12:43:23 PM by St Volumex » Logged

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 24 July, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »

I bought a Facet FSE476087 fuel pump and a Filter King FSEFPR004 with 6 - 8 mm pipes for Carol's standard Fulvia 1.3S "Tigger".

The pump comes fitted with its own built-in filter to prevent damage to itself from tank debris, unlike the stupid original Bosch setup on my HPE VX.   Roll Eyes

One could probably argue against the Filter King being fitted with this pump, except it does provide fuel pressure regulation and a clear visual window on what's going on with the fuel.

Our Fulvia has a couple of handy bosses on the bodywork near the fuel piping where I plan to securely mount the Filter King.  Smiley

I have some pics, but unfortunately the "Upload Folder is full".
Guy,
Some Fulvias were fitted with a filter/pressure regulator so perhaps the bosses you've located might have been for one!
My Filter King came with a bracket that the filter /regulator mounts to, this was then mounted to the inner wing panel using two bolts and washers adjacent to where the metal fuel pipe connects to the fuel hose.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #19 on: 25 July, 2013, 04:05:37 AM »

Thanks Brian!

Here is a pic of the 3 bosses where the Filter King will be mounted.

Anyone got a pic of what Brian has described?

* 240720131016.jpg (54.25 KB, 829x622 - viewed 371 times.)

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 28 July, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »

Here's another answer to fog the picture a bit more. About 5 years ago my mechanical pump packed up. I phoned Omicron who gave me a choice of a new one or a Facet silver top. I decided to go for the Facet as I had spent about 18 years listening to the engine turniing over trying to suck some fuel up and hoping the battery had the life left after a winter break. I was told by Omicron the silver top was right for the 1300 and it was pointed out that there might be a problem with pressure and if there was to fit a regulator. To be honest, I can't remember what the symptoms were if this was the case. Whatever it was didn't occur and as I said I've been running it for 5 years now, unregulated and without any problems. Starts instantly too. There's a bit of a debate about that, but I believe it was Andrea Nistri who had measured oil pressure etc on start up and decided it was better to get the engine started straight away. I've yet to get around to fitting an on/off switch. I've very recently heard about inertia switches to cut fuel in an accident. They're cheap enough, does anyone know how one would be wired into a Fulvia with a Facet? Or are they only for modern cars with big brains?

@Richard: Yes, you fitted an oil pressure switch to JLG. It was a 3 position, off, on with pressure switch, on permanently.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 30 July, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »

Thanks Brian!

Here is a pic of the 3 bosses where the Filter King will be mounted.

Anyone got a pic of what Brian has described?
Guy,
That's the right place but mine is mounted on the inner wing panel just above.
I can't find a photo at the moment but in the Tavoli in section Tav 10a there is an illustration of the filter.regulator itself, but not where it mounts.
The Tavoli states that it was fitted for vehicles destined for Greece.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 30 July, 2013, 09:13:08 AM »

Here is the original regulator fitted to my Fulvia Sport

* Maidstone-20130730-01157.jpg (30.03 KB, 640x480 - viewed 686 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 30 July, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »

Here is the original regulator fitted to my Fulvia Sport

Richard,
Does it have the filter with the glass bowl? as that is what is shown in the Tavoli.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 30 July, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »

I'll have a look next time I am at the garage Brian.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 31 July, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »

Here is the filter element (used with mechanical fuel pump)

* Maidstone-20130731-01166.jpg (32.14 KB, 640x480 - viewed 705 times.)

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 31 July, 2013, 11:58:33 PM »

Here is the filter element (used with mechanical fuel pump)
Thank You Richard,
From What I can see it appears to be mounted about where Guy has the bosses.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 12 August, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »

Also shown in the photo is the mechanical fan cam adjuster, as mentioned in the thread regarding transmission belts. I also see in the current issue of VL, the Presedentiale Flaminias have electric fuel pumps and extra ignition coil 'to cover every eventuality'. Richard

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd