Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:09:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Flavia Pininfarina coupe - Advice Wanted  (Read 6973 times)
skysurfer
« on: 18 May, 2007, 07:36:16 AM »

Hi. I've always fancied one of these cars and am thinking of buying one - probably from Italy as they seem to be rare species and don't come up for sale too often in the UK. Could anyone give me any advice on what to look out for when purchasing ?.  I'm really after the 1.8 carb model although the 1.8 kugelfischer injection model looks an interesting proposition too. Does anyone know what the parts situation is like in the UK and Italy ?. I guess getting body panels and trim is probably difficult, but does the car share its mechanicals with other models in the range ?. I'd much appreciate any advice. Thanks. Paul 
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 18 May, 2007, 08:26:16 PM »

Best bet is have a chat with the Flavia advisers, listed in the front of "Viva Lancia".

Always fancied one myself but I went to Calais via eurotunnel to meet Jan Van hoorick who brought one down on his trailer from Brussels for me to have a look at, with a view to buying, said I'd meet him at the tunnel parking on the French side; as it was my first & only trip using the tunnel (hated it) I didn't realise that there wasn't any! you just drop off straight onto the motorway!
Eventually met up after contact by mobile, but didn't buy as it needed too much work.
One thing I do know is buy the best one you can find,  it's an expensive & probably not cost effective job to restore one.
You need to check very carefully for rust as they can be absolute rust buckets, as indeed can most cars of that era, I personally like the first of the carb 1800's, not sure but I think the Kugelficher injection can have it's own problems, although very nice when working well.
Still some good ones about but as with most of our older Lancia's parts can be a problem, although it would be worth joining the consortium as they have the best access to parts.
Have seen some very nice ones on the internet from Italy, though the paperwork from there sounds quite daunting, don't forget about the Netherlands, they seem to have quite a following there. see http://www.lancia-club.nl/evenementenarchief/fff2005/100_0424%205%20Flavia's%20op%20rij%20+%20Ele%20+%20Willem.jpg

Also have a look for Martin Willens site in Holland, can't find the address at present.

If you fancy restoring one have a look at this  http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?g=autos&u=lancia&ID=10640
Below is the Babel Fish Translation   
In English:
Visiting other restoration projects, Belgian carriage buy Lancia, Flavia coupe 03/1968 1800 cc everything original approximately 60000 km perfectly leder interieur only work to koetswerk and engine heropstarten buy because of no time by with Belgian papers in Erondegem (at Aalst) possible 2 complete working engine

Brian Hilton 8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 18 May, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »

this is another belgian site with the same car and a few more photos.
http://www.2dehands.be/te-koop-lancia-flavia-coupe-20973904.html?qq=lancia%20flavia
Looks rough to me but you need to get underneath really.I think the advice to buy the best you can is universally sound advice.There are hardly any classic cars that are economically viable to restore, and almost no Lancias.Do it as if you intend to keep the car forever.
Text is basically the same as the other advert.Babel fish is a little bizarre in its translations sometimes but you can follow the jist in this case. I speak fluent flemish/dutch so anyone wanting to translate dutch text in adverts or for belgian/dutch events give me a shout and I'll help with it.
skysurfer
« Reply #3 on: 28 May, 2007, 07:37:57 PM »

Many thanks for your advice gentlemen. I think I'll try and avoid a restoration project and buy the best, sound example I can afford. Seen a few on E-bay Italy which look promising and Omicron have been very helpful in providing information regarding the procedures necessary for importing from Italy.   
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 28 May, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »

Good decision!

If you've got the money, have a look at this one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANCIA-FLAVIA-COUPE-DEL-1964_W0QQitemZ120125808168QQihZ002QQcategoryZ105376QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Buy Now" for about £8,067, 3 owners from new, but 1 owner from 1964-2003 Gentleman born in 1917. It looks great & a really straight car, probably one of the best I've seen for sale.

GO FOR IT!!!
Brian 8227

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
skysurfer
« Reply #5 on: 04 June, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »

Thanks Brian. I've been watching this one too on e-bay Italy and it does look in fab condition. It's been advertised three times now so the owner might be receptive to an offer. A couple of others have also been advertised, a black 1.8 injection at about £5,700 and another grey one at about £6,000 (but not sure whether 1.8 or 1.5). There was also a grey one that came up on e-bay France which looked okay but needed the brake servo sorting (a common problem I think). I don't mind LHD but I don't want to overpay on something that might be difficult to sell on again in the UK again at some point. (My Italian is pretty rusty as well !). Paul     
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2007, 12:10:32 PM »

Suggest you ring Donald Smith in LMC Area Meetings Section, he was selling his very nice red coupe, nice genuine man , nice car. Regards Roger.

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2007, 09:16:03 PM »

Donald has just sold his Flavia.  It has gone to somebody in Derbyshire, who has now got a nice original car.

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
skysurfer
« Reply #8 on: 11 June, 2007, 09:01:07 PM »

Thank you gentlemen. Seems like Flavia Pininfarinas are rare as hens teeth in the UK. Any idea of how many are on the register and what kind of prices they're going for ?. Thanks. Paul   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd