Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 02:26:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin Macbride's Aurelia B20 in Auto Italia  (Read 9003 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 07 October, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »

I just picked up Auto Italia with a lovely article all about Kevin's racer.  There's also a Fulvia Zagato piece.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 October, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »

I will check WH Smiths. Who's is the Zagato?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »

Charles Aram.   He raced one, sold it, bought an orange 1300 on ebay on the rebound and over time got it to the point where it could be a daily driver (OCX 499L).  He also has a dark blue 1600 he tracked down in Aberdeen (PLL 13L).  Article by Richard Heseltine.  Orange one is (or was) for sale.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 25 October, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »

I finally laid my hands on this months edition, well what can I say...as sure as any Lancia car is as representative of the love and passion the B20 coupes inspire, then it was to be found in this fulsome and interesting article. I have met Kevin, I have seen his coupe, to say I was delighted to meet Kevin was an understatement, to have seen his coupe with 40 years of history in the competitive motoring scene was truly inspiring. Great as the photos are, seeing it in the flesh, was simply sublime. 

I throughly enjoyed the piece, hoping everyone got a chance to buy a copy or at least read the article, just brilliant

P

Frank Gallagher
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 26 October, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »

Thanks for the kind words. Its a nice keepsake. One thing tho' (hope I'm not giving away too many secrets here) but the camera sometimes lies a little. I managed to whack the osr quarter panel a little a while back. An altercation with a white, heavy bumpered XK120.
Miraculously the damage has vanished....if only repairs in real life were as good (and cheap).

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd