Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:22:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trautmann photos - Fulvia coupe and Berlinas, lots of Flavias  (Read 7208 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 13 June, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »

17 pages in French but some lovely period photos I hadn't seen:

http://www.forum-auto.com/sport-auto/histoire-du-sport-auto/sujet378669.htm

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 June, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »

Excellent David, never mind the language, I should print off some of these better articles before they disappear. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 14 June, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »

Excellent David, never mind the language, I should print off some of these better articles before they disappear. Richard
Excellent photos,very good sequence of 4 photos of the Flavia Zagato coming to grief.
And there was me thinking I'd have an early night Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2013, 06:36:19 AM »

From http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/lancia-flavia-sport-competition-4443839-details.aspx?intObjectID=4443839 same colour as your one David?

* d4443839x.jpg (48.34 KB, 512x766 - viewed 410 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 18 June, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »

That looks a bit darker but mine has faded almost to white in places so its hard to tell.  I've yet to research if there are "Lancia" colours of the original or subsequent period that it could be.  For a modern colour I see an Audi convertible in a very similar pale misty sky metallic blue.

I'm not alone in being reminded of Captain Scarlet's SPV:

http://www.vintagetoysgames.co.uk/dinky_captain_scarlet_spv_104.html

The debate is if I need a "Spectrum" badge where the Z goes on the wing or great big ones on the c-pillar.

The green tint was first dismissed as oxide but I've been able to scrape some off with a finger nail so the conclusion now is laquer.  It could be (ever the optimist) that a block with some wet-and-dry would remove that laquer to reveal some decent blue paint under.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 18 June, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »

I would consider the lack of axles before trying to determine badge size and position !!!!!

Chugga found the original colour of his car, in unfaded condition, in several places, notably in the door opening. This was reinforced on removing boot hinge bolts where the same colour was found under the washers!!

I am sure that you will find many clues to the colour, then all you have to do is identify it, get the current equivalent and source it ............ that is assuming you decide to retain the original !!  Your  choice.

In the meantime, just enjoy !!!!

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 18 June, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »

Colour is a fun and easy thing to contemplate. 

The ORIGINAL colour was dark blue.  I've got quite large areas of that where the respray has come off.  I've also got some large areas of bare ali.

As for the "Spectrum" badges that's while its in toy/playhouse/static exhibit mode.  Its going to be like that long enough its worth a bit of dressing.  For example a back bumper in any condition is high up my list so we can all "see what its going to be".  I'd like some scruffy wheel trims on.  A grill would help it look a bit more loved as well.  If I can't find one (that fits!!) then its top of my list for something to make and I'm willing for that to be the first of several that I make.

As for light blues maybe one of these?

David

* appia-flaminia-flavia10.jpg (145.34 KB, 1000x604 - viewed 421 times.)

* lancia-flavia-sport-zagato-9.jpg (58.43 KB, 640x316 - viewed 442 times.)

* lancia-flavia-sport-zagato-11.jpg (81.52 KB, 717x469 - viewed 435 times.)

* Lancia Flavia Zagato 1963.jpg (121.32 KB, 811x811 - viewed 563 times.)

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 18 June, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »

I hope my eyesight is ok, that is scary seeing floorpans stacked up, apparently not protected, in the snow!!!!!

It must be said that the car does look beautiful in that pale blue.

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 18 June, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »

Some of that paint stayed stuck even to my car.  The rest of the "protection" is sound deadening felt.  The thick bitumen seems to have been reserved as sound deadening over the ali panels.  The exception might be the boot and bonnet frames which caught a little of the bitumen.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #9 on: 04 July, 2013, 07:39:44 AM »

I like the pale blue a lot, but always lean towards painting my cars in their original shade.  Tongue

IMO If the 'dark blue' you speak of is Lancia blu (it looks almost black in some light), that would be very striking - and original?

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 04 July, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »

To me the choice is either:

1 - as built (the usual default)
2 - as found (its the car I fell for)
3 - at its peak (Barry's rally car)
4 - whatever you fancy (Chris Evans likes them all in white)

I always seem to end up at 2...

...and along with the colour I quite like the extra switches and the rear wipe and heated screen and the extra mirror (for all the third has come off) and I expect will add a few modifications like beefed up jacking points and the Spanish brake booster and power sockets and a battery cutout and parcel shelf and map nets myself feeling a little less of a heathan doing it as I'm not the first to take it away from the factory spec.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 16 June, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »

Photo

* rene%20trautman.jpg (28.83 KB, 640x480 - viewed 635 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd