Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
25 April, 2024, 12:39:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Arrival  (Read 8337 times)
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #30 on: 02 January, 2023, 09:02:08 AM »

Well, well, well on the last day of 2022 after a few bits of wiring were reconnected and no response (we have a good spark at the plugs) I resorted to pouring a bit of petrol into the carb and a quick spin and the engine started...Phew! The diaphragm in the fuel pump had split and the valves were stuck so I will try and swap out the old pump for a better one.
Relieved of Redcar
aka Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #31 on: 03 January, 2023, 05:59:34 PM »

All back together and running with oil pressure, no steam and even the dynamo is charging. A bit lumpy and the accelerator jet is blocked still progress though.
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #32 on: 03 January, 2023, 06:05:41 PM »

underbonnet view

* IMG_20230102_144649_MPresize.jpg (1056.18 KB, 3000x2250 - viewed 47 times.)

lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #33 on: 01 January, 2024, 05:40:19 PM »

Hi all
Because it was sunny and warmish I took the car cover off the Appia with the intention of giving it a test run but ran out of time and petrol (in the Y10) so will try tomorrow, luckily no rodents had decided to chew up the sound proofing. I was pleased to see the radiator was still full of water/antifreeze so the new head gasket is doing it's job and we might get a couple of hours tomorrow to give it a spin over. I had forgotten what was with the car but found a box containing 2 rear light units, a headlamp and some bits of trim.
Clarkey

lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #34 on: 10 January, 2024, 12:25:31 PM »

Hi all
It still being January and 3 degrees C I got togged up in three layers as well as a hat, coat and gloves to give the S2 a bit of TLC and a start up if possible. First job was to find a battery and give it a charge followed by some nice fresh petrol. My mate Terry had bravely offered to come over the river and assist but I think he was slightly less prepared has he still had his tan from a month on holiday in India. All connected up and some fresh petrol in the engine barely turned over then the starter motor gave that dreaded clicking sound. Plan B a better battery...duly fitted this produced (with the help of some petrol down the carb) in a cough of a start up but with the next turn of the key the starter motor just made a rattly whirring sound Oh dear! Plan C was to remove the starter , test it on the bench Terry just wanted to clean the pinion bendix bit but it I felt a bit gritty inside. So back to the relative warmth of the unit and a quick test showed the original starter was cream crackered so a quick test of the reconditioned one showed it was good to go and back outside we went. Needless to say half an hour later we had liftoff with some nice strong oil pressure. Weather permitting I will give it another go today. Sorry there are no pictures as it was too cold! We had to jack the car up put an axle stand under the front suspension, take the exhaust manifold off, and drop the dynamo over towards the inner wing, just using 14mm open end spanners and sockets with a 13mm socket for the electrical connections. The starter motor wants to come out the bottom way and go back in that way.
Clarkey

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd