Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia 1.3S RHD Carello outter headlamps wanted  (Read 4230 times)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« on: 31 May, 2013, 04:31:04 AM »

Surprise, surprise, our UK MOT test revealed that Carol's "Tigger" was fitted with LHD Carello outter headlamps!

If anyone has the correct RHD originals for sale, please let us know.

In the meantime I will be fitting a modern generic equivalent.

Thanks.

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 31 May, 2013, 05:57:02 AM »

Hi Guy, I have one of these in my autojumble stock, Can anyone confirm that it is suitable for RHD? Richard
« Last Edit: 31 May, 2013, 05:59:20 AM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »

The Carello numbering system has always been a bit of a mystery to me, especially the RHD lights. I've got a Carello catalogue which I'll check tonight which might help but assuming they are RHD, and it's a bit "pedents corner" i know; they are not correct for an S1 cars as at that point they would have had cursive not block script on the lense, they changed to block in late 1970 / early 1971, for S2 cars they are correct. Cursive script RHD headlamps are very difficult to come across. I found a set a couple of years ago from an Alfa man, but they weren't cheap and they do not have the same numbers as the Lancia TAV, but they look correct and are RHD.

If you are after cursive script then continuous ebay / google searching is how I found mine.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2013, 09:38:11 AM »

Thanks Neil, I'll try to remember that

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 31 May, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »

Richard/Guy

I think that is a driving lamp (ie inner) The outers have an 07 number and arrow pointing right. These are like hens teeth so would welcome some for my Flavia!!! I have managed to source some Carellos that take the H1 (single) bulb but prefer H4 to get all 4 lights on mian beam (yes the inners are through a separate relay...). So I am running Cibie which are cheapest from Larkspeed/ebay.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 01 June, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »

I have some new Carello units, a new pair of earlier non H1 inner units as boxed pair, may take the earlier round type bulbs, numbered 07.245.800 and a pair of new H1 inner units boxed, part number 03.266.800 which were in the boot at Fulvia 50, but did not find time to put them out in case any one was interested, the second type have an extra mounting clip at 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock not sure they would fit a Fulvia without trimming them off, so may not be for a Lancia at all.

I fit the h4 and h1 from Cibie as they are readily available.

Let me know if you are interested in of the units as they are sitting in a box in the garage would prefer they got some use.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #6 on: 02 June, 2013, 06:33:37 AM »

Many thanks everyone for the information.

I still have to strip the headlamps off Carol’s car to check more specifically, but I’m in the middle of some mods & refurbishing of my daughter’s wheelchair ahead of College which resumes tomorrow!

Neil, do your lamps have the parking light built into them?

Eeek! I hope I'm not too late, but I would LOVE to have them if they are what I should be looking for.  My apologies for my (apparent) lack of Fulvia knowlege, but "Tigger" is our most recent Lancia acquisition, and has a few 'anomalies' as a result of being assembled in South Africa.  Grin

(Note to self: Next time Click Additional Options > Notify me of replies Roll Eyes )

Kind regards,

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 02 June, 2013, 08:25:26 AM »

Guy, these new units are inner ones main beam units as far as I know, no sidelight socket. I will need to look at my other spares, seems odd for a SA built car to have fitted with LHD outer units.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd