Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:16:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with the forum page appearance!  (Read 3739 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 19 May, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »

As of the last couple of days I have had a problem with the appearance on screen of the forum pages. At first it looks OK and then when I open up a page all the details (type size and icons) are all shrunk down to be very small and barely discernible. I have looked at all the settings I can and not found any way to restore it. The browser I am using is Chrome. Has anyone else experienced this and can guide me to a fix?

Colin
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »

Should have gone to Specsaver Colin...........

Wink

Hold on will ask my offspring.......

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »

Are you using a Mac.......if so you've "zoomed" out............if so......use command plus (+) to enlarge.....

P

Frank Gallagher
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »

Thanks. Perhaps I do need Specsavers, but that's not the root of the problem. I am using a PC not a MAC. I have just tried using MS Internet Explorer and right now that works fine without the shrinking experience with Chrome. For a whole raft of reasons I much prefer Chrome and would be sad to move away from it. Are there other Chrome users out there who share my problem?

Colin
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »

I use Google Chrome but everything seems fine to me.  Wink

« Last Edit: 19 May, 2013, 06:35:51 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 19 May, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »

Thanks again. Andy has tipped me off that Ctrl + in Chrome does magic things to size, so all is not lost. I am not sure I like Alan's wavy line style! I might just try a system restore to a date of a few days ago and see if that works.

Colin
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »

...I've probably been logged in too long - 9 days, 19 hours, 29 minutes and counting

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 20 May, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »

Hi Colin,

Ctrl + and Ctrl - increase and decrease the font sizes (probably the same on all PC browsers). I use Chrome (actually a very recent convert) and it is by far the best (and quickest) browser on a PC (only in my opinion of course!)

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »

Select Settings from the top right hand side (click on the 3 little horizontal lines).
Go to the bottom of the settings page and select Show Advanced Settings.
Go to Web Content and select Font Size= Medium and Page Zoom=100%
If you've applied a Theme to Chrome and that's what's messed it up, find the Appearance section in the Settings page and select Reset to Default Theme.

* ChromeSettings.jpg (77.89 KB, 1366x768 - viewed 294 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 21 May, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »

Thanks again chaps! What with Ctrl+, system restore and now the delights of fiddling with Chrome advanced settings I feel quite exhausted and in need of a lie-down. The good news is that it’s all working as it should, even if I am not.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd