Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:39:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NEW Website Club News Page ...  (Read 3404 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 21 May, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

Hi All,

Myself and Will have altered the LMC website club news page (click on Club News from www.lanciamotorclub.co.uk). This page is now generated from our database using the Events calendar and pictures loaded into the database (that relate to the event). They'll be an article in VL! soon but the main advantage of using the database for doing this are:

1/ It updates automatically - when a review is entered against an event that's happened (or is currently happening)
2/ The photos are also in the library (and thus searchable in the database)
3/ The photos are watermarked with the event information and the club logo
4/ There are new links in the news page for the website , forum topic and for feedback email for the event
5/ It isn't a burden on Will to have to manually edit the existing page (or me either as the event information already exists in the database)

You, as members, can contribute to the event just by using the database:

1/ If you are the contact for the event then you can write a review and it'll appear on the review page (use the "update" event button)
2/ If you're not the contact, you can't review the event but you can upload your pictures from the event. You do this by clicking on the camera icon on the "Events" list (not the list on the home page, the list in the "Events" tab)
3/ Or you can email in things to events@lanciamc.co.uk and it can be done for you (but you won't be credited with any pictures - they'll be credited to Admin)

I've updated the page with a couple of pictures and reviews or recent events (from the forum topics) - and this isn't intended to stop our normal forum topics and pictures (the review would link back to that anyway)

Only the last two pictures will show on an event (just to keep the page size reasonable) , however , all pictures are kept within the database in the Media part (just search for the event)

At the event of the year, the page will be archived on the website (like they are now) and a new page will start

Feedback / formatting / suggestions appreciated Smiley

Steve & Will

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 May, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »

I "tested" this last night by entering the local Bristol meeting as an event and uploading a couple of pictures. This means it's perfectly possible to advertise you local meetings or Christmas lunches on the club website should you wish to (particularly as June should be the best month for a good turnout!)

See http://www.lanciamotorclub.co.uk/club-news.php for the result ...

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 23 May, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

Good work Steve!  Smiley

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 23 May, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

Thanks Guy , I'm looking forward to seeing it fill up !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 23 May, 2013, 06:03:44 PM »

Excellent Steve, great job.  Hopefully we should have some photos from this coming weekend - in the sunshine!!

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 23 May, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »

Thanks Chris and they're showing as two events so you can attach to one or the other.  Sunshine would be good! If someone sends me a review or pictures tomorrow I'll post them straight on for the world to see .... Don't forget that we can always change and add to these as the weekend progresses.
« Last Edit: 23 May, 2013, 07:44:09 PM by sparehead3 » Logged

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd