Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:35:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luggage labels/tags on posts  (Read 3443 times)
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« on: 09 April, 2013, 07:02:08 AM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but has anybody else got these irritating black tags appearing in the text ?

Is it something that has changed on the forum or is it more local , ie a problem with my Firefox settings ? Thanks

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but has anybody else got these irritating black tags appearing in the text ?

Is it something that has changed on the forum or is it more local , ie a problem with my Firefox settings ? Thanks
Simon,
sounds like it might be firefox as I have no problem with explorer.
>Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 09 April, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »

Hi Simon
I'm on Firefox and it's fine. Nothing has changed on the forum.
Do you have another device you could try looking on?
Another suggestion is to paste an image of what you see (on here) and then I can have a look.
Steve

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »

Must be a settings issue on firefox.........am sure it's sortable

P

Frank Gallagher
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2013, 06:49:56 PM »

They have disappeared !

They were appearing next to key words, like "oil filter" or "front suspension" that were blue in colour and if you clicked on them went to a shop front ... be surprised if it's a virus because  I have a mac and we are not usually bothered by such issues ( mac vs PC discussion coming up I fear !)

Let's see what happens next

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 09 April, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »

I don't think that's a virus, sounds like some adword type thing in firefox that got enabled. The forum is just html so is easy enough for the browser to scan through the text and make it into a clickable link.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 09 April, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »

Thanks
Can you explain that in English please !!!!

ps they are back - how can I "un ad-word" please - I know this is beyond your role, but any help is appreciated because it really bugs me!

sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 09 April, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »

Smiley - wot you mean , you're in France !

Have a look at the menu "Tools" "Add-ons" and see if there is anything like adwords ...

English : it is seeing a bit of text like "brakes" and changing it behind the scenes to have a link to "halfords". Our site doesn't contain the link but you *may* have an add-on that is searching the text on the forum and replacing it with paid for advertising. Just a guess on this though ... picture would be nice :

Lancia Spare Parts

second hand integrale

Lancia Insurance

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 09 April, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

The picture you have is spot on. I tried to cut and paste but the adwords( add ons) for you to see but it didn't copy the symbols ...

Thanks for your help - will investigate and try to remove the irritating little blighters, meme en francais

BlueSky
Lapsed

« Reply #9 on: 10 April, 2013, 12:48:24 AM »

Simon,

No problems down here on my Mac. Try clearing Firefox browsing history. Have you had a look with a different browser, Safari or Chrome? To get a picture of the problem you need to take a screen shot. Either use Preview, under Edit you'll see Take Screen Shot. Use "from selection" and drag over the area you want, a bit like the attached! Save it as a jpg. Or there is a keyboard shortcut. Shift command 4 will do the same.
Noel

* Screen.jpg (144.67 KB, 1581x862 - viewed 279 times.)
« Last Edit: 10 April, 2013, 03:32:47 AM by BlueSky » Logged

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd