Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:06:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Video Group  (Read 27818 times)
l3hou
« Reply #30 on: 08 September, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »

Morning Colin

Well, the post is about a DVD that Lawrence is sending to Brian.  This be the case as the Turin people have not produced the one they promised - which noone at LMC Centenario HQ is doing anything about.

I do indeed hope for happier times.  We even had a committee member of LMC on the L2B and saw a lot of cars and LMC members at L2B2007s total of 111 cars. DiLambdas included.

Don't accept your last line though.  It all went horribly wrong LAST year (2006) at the AGM with some questionable coincedences.  But we won't agree here (I'd rather not say never), so for the minute, I'm happy to agree to differ with you.

Lets see what suprises come in the next weeks...
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #31 on: 08 September, 2007, 08:51:51 AM »

just had a look at the "stats" section underneath.
Makes sad reading . if you check top ten "topics" , only 2 of the threads are directly model related, pretty much all the rest are internal bickering and club politics.

Like Lawrence said, forums are a great thing but most people are inclined to say things in writing that they probably would not say in the pub during a discussion.This results in more escalations of relatively minor issues that wouldn't normally get out of hand.
Come on people, we have a good tool here to talk about the cars we enjoy so much and help each other to get more use out of them. I guess the politics and frustrations are there for some reason but whether its promoted by the existing hierarchy or a "would be" hierarchy makes little difference in the end.If only everyone would realise that its simply a car club..... and not a vehicle to ascend some perceived social ladder or achieve some power or financial status, the ordinary membership will be a lot better off. People are spending far too much time worrying about what others are doing (or not doing).Committees have work to do and if they don't do it they will be democratically removed the next time, otherwise we should let them get on with it and stop winging.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2007, 02:55:55 PM by Scarpia » Logged
l3hou
« Reply #32 on: 08 September, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »

JP says that there has been no scrutiny of Viva Lancia for many years, Huh? Sorry JP, if you were at AGMs then you obviously haven't been listening

Being talked down to??

I don't think there is anything non-PC about the "kettle calling the pot black" - just severe irony

Harvey
« Reply #33 on: 08 September, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »

J-P,

On the issue of the Turin DVD, it is wrong to say that no-one cares and no-one has tried. The truth is that the DVD production was undertaken by arrangement of the Lancia Club Italia. If you can find a contract to enforce, please feel free!

So, er, back to topic... (or probably not from previous history)

Lawrence, I'll be in touch to take you up on the offer. Since it's unlikely that the real thing will appear this century, it'll be the best substitute. Anyway, if you stood next to the guy at the preview and he didn't complain then, I'll join you in risking the copyright police!
(And as a PS - did you get the rear lens you were after...?)
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #34 on: 08 September, 2007, 04:34:37 PM »

Lawrence

I dont know who you communicated with on the committee or when about the Bristol club but it was never raised by anyone at a meeting whilst I was on the committee.  If it had been raised I am sure it would have been followed up.

It has always been a prime purpose to help members keep their Lancias of all ages on the road.

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
Harvey
« Reply #35 on: 08 September, 2007, 04:45:50 PM »

Scarpia - too right!

The vision of committee work - "The power! The power! <evil cackle>"
The reality of committee work - "The workload! The workload! <tired groan>"

Smiley

Still, at least the unlimited expense account and 3-course working lunches make up for it.
lee69
« Reply #36 on: 08 September, 2007, 06:25:35 PM »

The YouTube group has now broken the 250 mark.  Lots of the usual rallying compilations, contining lots of clips from the already large number of videos on this this theme.  There's some nice Delta S4 stuff added too.  Other new additions: clip of Integrale (with a dump valve) yumping a bridge on the way back from L2B, footage of a Fulvia driving the Monte Carlo GP route at night and a Montecarlo doing a lap at Goodwood.

Lee
snapper8v
« Reply #37 on: 09 September, 2007, 07:58:09 AM »

Don,
I asked an open question on the forum early last year. I've tried to retrace the question, but I can only go back as far as December '06, this is when the forum had a makeover if I remember?

Harvey,
No I haven't unfortunately. The current rear lenses have a couple of cracks in but are O.K. for the M.O.T., I was trying to make the car aesthetically pleasing. I could have bought an e-Bayer scrapper with perfectly good lenses, but haven't the space. Anyway, the cars now sold (to make way for my Dad's Rover P6) and will be going to Lowestoft in October.

LAWRENCE
snapper8v
« Reply #38 on: 17 September, 2007, 11:14:17 PM »

I've just uploaded an edited version from last years Centenary event in Turin, it contains clips of the drive to Piazza san carlos on the Saturday morning where we were joined by the ex works rally cars......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d5NoCp-n2Q

LAWRENCE
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #39 on: 18 September, 2007, 02:12:32 AM »

I'd love to watch it but it runs for about 3 seconds, stops, loads, runs for another 3 seconds ad infinitum Sad  anyone ideas why? this has only started happening recently.

Brian
8227 Cry

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
snapper8v
« Reply #40 on: 18 September, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »

Brian,
This has also been happening to me on other videos. If you let it run all the way through, eventually, then when the time bar at the bottom is completely red, then you should be able to watch without being interupted.
LAWRENCE
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #41 on: 18 September, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

Thanks Lawrence,
I'm glad I'm not alone, & that it's not just down to my advanced years Grin
But I'd still like to know why, if we have any technical boffins in DVD who know the answer, or more importantly, how to overcome it Angry
Help.
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #42 on: 18 September, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »

is it not simply the case that if you play the film immediately your computer plays faster than the line can download it?. Thats why it plays ok if you wait till it is first fully downloaded on your computer.(i.e. the red bar is complete.)You need a slower computer or a faster line...
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #43 on: 18 September, 2007, 05:24:34 PM »

Thank you,
all is revealed, I understand, I think Huh?

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Peter W

« Reply #44 on: 18 September, 2007, 07:04:01 PM »

Contrary to ealier statements, I know thar Paul Baker has made numerous approaches to release the Biscaretti DVD.  I understand from him that Giorgio Formini has the only copy of the Biscaretti DVD and, at present does not seem to be very interested in doing anything about it.

Peter

Kappa Coupe
Beta VX Coupe
S2 Fulvia 1600HF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd