Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evo Magazine (February 2013) - 7 page article on the Integrale Evo 3  (Read 4139 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 10 January, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »

Nice article and nice to see some different pictures of the one and only Viola.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
nic038
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 10 January, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »

know the viola has been up for sale now for a while with a hefty price tag.( currently residing at a price not far short of a hyena??)
just wondering what it was priced to go on sale at when they were looking to produce a few.

1994 Delta HF integrale
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 10 January, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »

I don't know Nick, I didn't think it got as far as pricing or production. I wouldn't imagine it'd would've been too different to an Evo II. The article mentions that it is for sale - and at least it confirms that this is true !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 14 January, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »

Currently advertised on Pistonheads in the UK. However, photos show it as somewhere abroad, possibly Germany or Switzerland, looking at the background detail. Anybody recognise the trade-plate nationality sitting on the dash?

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lancia/delta/prototype-evo-3-viola/289876

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 14 January, 2013, 08:26:11 PM »

It's been on Pistonheads forever from the same company. I wonder if the magazine article is there to find a speculator ? That's £60,000 more than a good integrale ... which is a lot !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 15 January, 2013, 09:29:30 AM »

I think the article was good overall, some mistakes which I have told them about if they print the letter..
The car is owned now by the German integrale guru Werner Blaettel who wrote the integrale book, I plus a friend, nearly bought this car 10 years ago, it did not happen due to an Italian opera of nonsense, and it was overpriced then, the mileage seems to have gone backwards too..it is an important piece of history of these cars however but not worth the asking price in my opinion.
It should have been made but had no chance as the man in charge at the time wanted to kill the car off as it was embarassing him in his quest to make Alfa Romeo the sporting arm of FIAT, and the grale just kept winning!  Grin
Paul.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »

That's interesting Paul and nice to have first hand knowledge. I'd always heard that as the car was a prototype it wasn't in the best of condition (ie: factory mule) , however the article seemed to imply pristine ...

However, if you buy it you're buying it because it's the one and only rather than as new - much , I guess, the same as the works rally cars have all that lovely history etched into the bodywork Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 15 January, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »

Yes pretty much Steve, I have some great memories of that car... didn't know the grab handles could be gripped that tightly! Smiley
rikardo
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 15 January, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »

Happy days aye Paul?!
And yes, very much over-priced.

1992 Delta HF integrale
1993 Dedra integrale
and several Alfas
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 16 January, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »

Indeed... Smiley