Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:36:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fanalone  (Read 3096 times)
DELTONA

« on: 01 August, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »

http://www.mrspeedlux.com/1969-lancia-fulvia-1-6-hf-fanlone/

Replacing a chassis vin plate, is that the done thing in Fulvia circles? Doesn’t sit right with me but Fulvi-i stas out there please let me know your thoughts (just curious) not for me and way out of my price range.

1993 LANCIA HF integrale | 1969 LANCIA Fulvia Coupe 1.3 Rallye S | 1972 FIAT 695 Elaborazione ABARTH | 1982 FIAT 127 1300GT | 2005 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA | 2010 Alfa Romeo 159ti TBI
16HFS

« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »

I suppose if the original chassis tag is missing then your only option is to replace with a reproduction.   
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »

As the chassis number is stamped into the body shell I don't think a repro tag is an issue. It looks like other tags and stickers under the bonnet have all been renewed during restoration.
16HFS

« Reply #3 on: 02 August, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »

It seems in recent times any high end classic car having the genuine i.d. tags and provenance is becoming more important with rising values. This seems to be a very big deal in the world of early Porsche 911's at the moment.  People are increasingly needing to verify what they are looking at is real. Only those factory fitted original tags could have ever come from THE real car. As with looking at any series 1 Fanalone you would have to look at the shell,  all the 540 tags on the subframe ,axle and gearbox and sum it up as a whole to get a full picture and then draw your own conclusions.   

Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 15 August, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »

I went to check out this Fanalone for Barbara Longlands who deals with requests on behalf of LMC  to verify cars to enable the owner to get an age related UK registration number.

It is a lovely car in exceptional condition. Close inspection proved it to be a genuine Fulvia 818.540 Fanalone. Everything checked out down to only one interior courtesy light door switch being on the drivers door A pillar.

Sure, not having the original chassis plate is a shame but understandable. I'm fortunate in that my Fanalone carries the original plate whereas it proved impossible to extract the original plate for my Dilambda from the vendor and I had to settle for a repro.

However, as with all Fulvia the chassis number is stamped in the bonnet drip channel. I tried to take a photo but it's awkward to get at with the bonnet fitted and although readable, thick paint didn't help get a clear picture.

So, in my opinion a genuine Fanalone in superb condition.

I have no connection with the vendor.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd