Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spark plugs  (Read 4352 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 26 December, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »

Just rushed into Carlisle in Old Boot and trundled through moderate traffic to a parking spot.  On return, would not start, plugs black with soot.   She has aluminium head, and is bored out to about 2,850cc.  She was fine in Italy but has been notably less happy of late at home.   The float level is if anything a tad low, jetting have not been changed in 48 years (but new ones fitted a while back), ignition seems fine starts readily at the beginning of the day but takes an age to warm up and run smoothly without spitting back even with starting carburettor to rich, so mixture not too rich I think.   I am using NGK BP6HS and am strongly tempted to go up a notch to BP7HS.  What do you all use with aluminium heads?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 December, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »

Hi David, I think the BP6 is recommended to replace the BP7 in cases of plug fouling in the Fulvia workshop manual. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »

You're right, NGK go the other way from Champion et al.  I'll try some BP5HS.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
casarokardo

« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »

John Turner recommended the hottest Bosch to me since when I have had NO TROUBLE with oiling up. Probably not ideal for racing however, Tony Stephens, if you have such plans for your Lambda now you have a bit of time! Look out for Bosch M10 AC for that trip to Fobello in 2016 (and try them first).
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2014, 02:22:52 AM »

BP5HS doing fine for now

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd