Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing S1 coupe front seats & Harness  (Read 2598 times)
Clyno
« on: 28 November, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »

Gentlemen,
Another question for you..........I have a series 1 Fulvia rallye 1.3s coupe and i’m considering replacing the two standard front seats with a pair of period replica classic 1960’s style bucket race seats. Could anyone suggest a seat that would be suitable. Also would I be able to use the existing seat mountings and runners or would I need to start from scratch.
Secondly I think I need to upgrade the existing single strap seat belts. Could anyone suggest a suitable option?. Is it a straight forward procedure to install a 4 point harness? How would I go about fixing the anchor points to the car?
Thank you. Trev.
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »

Hi Trev
I can give some advice on an S2 as this is what I did with my S2 Coupé ... but I don't know if the S1 is different in that regard  Huh?
Perhaps the first thing to check is if at the base of the rear bench seat there are standard eyebolt mounting points. If you pull the bench seat out a little then on an S2 there are pre-installed mounting points. These together with the normal seatbelt mounting points make it very easy to fit, say, a  four point harness.
In terms of seats I happened to go with Cobra Monacos but I guess it depends what kind you're after in terms of look/function. You could do worse then have a peek at, say, https://www.europaspares.com/38/SEATS.html for ideas.
I found that with my seats if I used runners they sat too tall so I opted to simply have them in a fixed position without runners ... I'm the only person (allowed to!) drive my Coupé so that's not an issue for me and I don't have any two foot tall friends who need to sit in the back! I got some simple 'L' shaped brackets made up at a local fabricator; one side of the 'L' bolts directly to the seat with the other to the normal seat mounting points on the floorpan.
I've now had these in the car for over 10 years with no problems. The missus has to have a cushion though as she find the seats a little, um, unyielding!  Wink
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 31 December, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »

www.deser.it is a good place to start - but I think their website is down at the moment.

They make Fusina and Stratos seats as well as many other 1960s/70s racing seats.

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd