Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:09:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancias return!  (Read 3808 times)
Les 442
« on: 24 March, 2007, 06:41:23 PM »

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I was in our local Alfa dealer the other day and after speaking to one of the reps  there he confirmed that Lancia are coming back to the UK in 2008. He wouldn't tell me if it would be the whole range or  not (maybe doesn't know himself) but this is good news.

Hopefully it will also make getting parts easier  Grin
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2007, 10:57:44 PM »

Hi Les,

In Turin at the Centenary Celebrations, during a seminar at the Bicaretti Motor Museum, we were informed officially by Oliver Francois, Lancia Brand boss, that Lancia would be returning to the UK & other RH drive markets 2007-2008, this would be spearheaded by the new Lancia Delta, & to be followed by other models later, but models weren't specified.

Have a look through the previous postings, I'm sure you should find other references to this.

Brian Hilton Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »

I spoke to a Lancia dealer in Belgium last week about future models and UK presence. Rumours are more numerous than facts or commitments i suspect and he was asking me what I had heard(!) but he was also aware of the discussion of a cabrio based on the fulvia prototype.I hope it doesn't turn out to be just another tantalising rumour; lets keep our fingers crossed.I guess it will be launched first in europe before the uk so I'll tell you all how nice it is when I get one.To be honest I'm also tempted by the more full blooded relaunch of the Abarth brand later this year by fiat (rather than light rebadged treatment of recent past).Seems like they are going to put some hotter engines, more dedicated equipment  and with more typical Abarth paint jobs. photo's look nice.The  pictures of the new retro fiat 500 (also an abarth styled version) also look really tempting.The interiors are really funky and will definitely take sales away from the mini I think. (I assume the Zegato Ypsilon will never be made?)
« Last Edit: 25 March, 2007, 03:10:26 PM by Scarpia » Logged
hf-ie
« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »

Looking forward to testing driving the new models in the UK.
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 07 August, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »

Whilst doing a bit of research into Lancia's return to the UK I came across this - it looks official.

http://www.bringbacklancia.co.uk/main.html

Enjoy - apologies if it is a re-post

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Harvey
« Reply #5 on: 07 August, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »

Looks a little old, mind! Previous generation Ypsilon for starters...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd