Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 08:55:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buck  (Read 41333 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 24 November, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »

Seems like I need to start a couple of threads.   I cannot claim to know a lot about Buck (Wing Commander Neville Buckle) but if I start off others will no doubt follow.  We were living in Bath where I moved with Old Boot and got married to Gerry.  Buck, of course, only drove a Lambda, a rather scruffy torpedo (?Red) and lived in a lovely cottage in Wiltshire (?) not too far away where we visited once or twice.  It was alleged that he could fix anything on a Lambda with a file and a big copper hammer (know in our house for ever after as a "Buckle" as in "pass the Buckle please").    We moved up to Kendal in 1971 and I was going to go to Torino in Old Boot (then know as F*rting Annie but that is a different tale) but the head was cracked beyond Metalastic.  Buck sent me up a spare head with which I successfully made the trip.  Buck was a big man with balding white hair and a pukka handlebar moustache as befits a WWII pilot.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »

And usually a pipe in his mouth, I think, somewhere I have a picture of my mum sitting in his Lambda.

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 24 November, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »

Here's one from the LMC photo library.

Colin

* Buckle a.jpg (192.42 KB, 693x945 - viewed 786 times.)
Jancia
Lapsed

Jancia

« Reply #3 on: 11 June, 2014, 01:46:13 PM »

Seems like I need to start a couple of threads.   I cannot claim to know a lot about Buck (Wing Commander Neville Buckle) but if I start off others will no doubt follow.  We were living in Bath where I moved with Old Boot and got married to Gerry.  Buck, of course, only drove a Lambda, a rather scruffy torpedo (?Red) and lived in a lovely cottage in Wiltshire (?) not too far away where we visited once or twice.  It was alleged that he could fix anything on a Lambda with a file and a big copper hammer (know in our house for ever after as a "Buckle" as in "pass the Buckle please").    We moved up to Kendal in 1971 and I was going to go to Torino in Old Boot (then know as F*rting Annie but that is a different tale) but the head was cracked beyond Metalastic.  Buck sent me up a spare head with which I successfully made the trip.  Buck was a big man with balding white hair and a pukka handlebar moustache as befits a WWII pilot.
This is Buck's Lambda, rather scruffy torpedo, nowadays. After 10 years of restoration.
http://www.cinecars.nl/een-innovatieve-geschiedenis/

* 1890540_707636965955815_2110303470_o.jpg (630.31 KB, 2048x1363 - viewed 817 times.)

Lambda Torpedo SWB S8/9
Artena Berlina S1
Artena Chassis
Belna Berlina S2
Astura Autocarro S1
Astura Drophead Coupe S2
Astura Berlina S3
Astura Cabrio Pinin Farina S3
Astura Cabrio Gurney Nutting S3
2x Flaminia Berlina S1
Appia Cabrio Vignale
Pages: [1]   Go Up