Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:18:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia Sedan Dashboard Wanted- Whole Car or Parts  (Read 4726 times)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« on: 03 November, 2012, 11:08:22 PM »

I need a full dashboard for my 2C (upper pad, lower pads) and would consider either the early or later sedan type dashboard, including instruments, loom etc. 

I am undoubtedly also going to need a few other bits and bobs along the way to reassembly - parts that are common to early and late model Fulvia sedans.

So I am interested in a donor parts car - body/engine/gearbox condition not important but good trim and interior would be great. Earlier type sedan a bonus, located in hither Britannia also desirable (I am located in Hibernia) but anything anywhere considered, even Gaul and beyond, if its cheap.

Alan (lancialan@gmail.com)

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 November, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »

Hi Alan,

Pretty sure I've got a 2c instrument cluster in the store. I'll have a look on my return from France later in the week.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 04 November, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »

Hi Robin

My 2C instruments (i.e. strip type speedo and rev counter) are actually ok. Its mainly the black plastic bits of the dashboard I need - the bits that are full of crumbly foam - but if you have any of those that Brian H has somehow failed to track down I will be interested.

Specifically I need the top of the dashboard, the shelf that runs under it (with vent holes each side) and the knee-height crash pads (these are apparently common to series 1 and 2). I actually found the top and shelf on eBay Italy and am in negozione but not very optimistic.

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290755293452&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:it#ht_3060wt_650

Alternatively I can consider installing a full S2 dash with circular instruments.

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 05 November, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »

Hi Alan,

Pretty sure I've got a 2c instrument cluster in the store. I'll have a look on my return from France later in the week.

Robin.
Hi Alan,
If Robin can't find his one I have about 3 in various conditions.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 November, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »

Hi Alan,

No, pretty sure that I don't have any of the foam filled items. When I bought my 2c I was fortunate enough to find a scrap car which yielded the dashboard trim I needed so only have the instruments.

Hope that you find the bits you need as it would be a shame if you had to fit a S2 dash.

Best of luck,
Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 05 November, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »

I have been fortunate enough to have driven Porsche 911's as my daily driver for the last 30 + years and in the beginning I used to get upset at motoring journalists' continual complaints at the poor ergonomics and visibility of 911 dashboards (which remained essentially unchanged from the late 60's until 1998).
They obviously hadnt ever driven S1 Fulvia Berlinas with the strip speedo and tiny rev counter which always looks like an afterthought to me. It probably was of course as I think the rev counter only appeared with the launch of the 2c model.
Anyway the point of this post is to show my support for the S1 dashboard - it has its own charm and has considerably more character than the S2 round dial dashboard IMHO.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 05 November, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »

.... it would be a shame if you had to fit a S2 dash.

Thanks Chris, Robin and Brian. Will see how the Italian negotiations go as he also has a few other bits and bobs I need at not unreasonable prices.

Robin, me fitting a S2 dash is the least of your worries (I actually like the S2 version a bit too but I know what you mean). If the S1 instruments can hook up with S2 running gear they should be under no threat ....

Alan Murphy

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 06 November, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »

.... it would be a shame if you had to fit a S2 dash.

Thanks Chris, Robin and Brian. Will see how the Italian negotiations go as he also has a few other bits and bobs I need at not unreasonable prices.

Robin, me fitting a S2 dash is the least of your worries (I actually like the S2 version a bit too but I know what you mean). If the S1 instruments can hook up with S2 running gear they should be under no threat ....

Alan,
I thought it already had the 1300 engine that was used with existing 2c running gear and instruments prior to your purchasing?

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 06 November, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »

True Brian, but lets just say I have plans..... and they are of the yellow, blue and 540 kind. But when that has passed I do intend to revert to something closer to original spec.

Now, this Italian chap mustn't be an Italian chap at all because the prices he is quoting me are just silly money.

But its the right kind of silly, as in about 45 quid for the dash top and shelf and the same for the front bumper and 20 for a set of chrome trims for the waistline and rear corners (which he quite aptly calls "chopsticks"!). He says they are all in excellent nick and he has a full front grille that I may or may not need - didn't price that yet.

I know I only paid 300 for the whole car but you couldn't get the stainless bumper welded for fifty quid! And there's another dash top on ebay.it for £250!

He says he has other Fulvia stuff not listed - do you want me to ask him about anything long and narrow that he could chuck in with the bumper and dash bits? He also has doors (listed, cheap and cheaper for the asking) if you want to get involved in sharing shipping but that could get messy and yours are not THAT bad.  Anyhow let me know by e-mail or whatever.

So now my residual requirement would seem to be for the bottom half (knee-level pads) of a series 2 Fulvia Sedan.
« Last Edit: 06 November, 2012, 08:37:28 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd