Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:32:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia Steering wheels for early cars  (Read 2551 times)
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« on: 02 November, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »

Jean-Marie Levallois is making a batch of new steering wheels for the early Aurelia models as per the attached photos, if you are interested please contact him directly.

"I looked for steering wheels during seven years and I have never found a good quality.
Then I made the decision to make 20 perfect steering wheels, and the prototype is in photos.
I showed it in the annual rally of the LCF in September, in the mounts of Forez.

All the parts are new, the material is a resin in two components, with an industrial paint and a varnish polyurethane, and it is also possible to make the steering wheel of black color.

The first manufacturing of 6 parts began and will be ready in late December or in January.

There are two prices : the complete steering wheel with the horn and the shipping  in Europe for 2 376 € the VAT included, or without the horn for 1 950 €.

I take the maintaining reservations and I shall ask for 30 % with order, three weeks before the shipping. The balance will be to settle  before the delivery.

I just want reservations at the moment, I don’t want to take orders now because I want to be sure of the perfect quality of my steering-wheels, before to ask any penny !

Jean-Marie Levallois"   levallois.jm@free.fr

I have seen the prototype wheel, it looks perfect! Ade.

* prototype 1.JPG (152.32 KB, 856x642 - viewed 317 times.)
« Last Edit: 02 November, 2012, 07:57:02 PM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
appiaman

« Reply #1 on: 03 November, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »

I would love one but money is a bit tight when would you need your orders.

Lancia lambda 8th series, Fulvia 1600 sport (1972)Fulvia1.6hf (1972), Lancia Flaminia gtl, Porsche boxter, Mini Cooper
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »

I have always wondered exactly what the original light coloured Aurelia steering wheels were made of? Almost without exception the 'plastic' material has shrunk, cracked and distorted. Also the steel 'chassis' of these wheels seem to always be corroded either because the plastic material is porous or alternatively the plastic material is itself corrosive. Any one know which and what the material was exactly?
I recall seeing a NOS wheel about 10 years ago in its original packing which was absolutely perfect so maybe the problems are caused by UV light
There are always a couple of refurbished wheels for sale at Padova but as Jean-Marie says, the quality is poor - probably because it is almost impossible to 'bring the wheel back' once the distortion has taken place as I know to my cost.
The later black wheels do not seem to be as bad in respect of distortion and cracking....or is this just because they are younger?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd