Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:52:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia conrods  (Read 4492 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 20 March, 2007, 12:45:30 PM »

Does anybody have a first series con rod, the Dural type that bore directly on the big end without an intervening bearing, please?  I am trying to complete a Harry Manning conversion to shell bearings (it's been in my garage for a while!) and I find I have only three rods of the right sort.
davidwheeler@doctors.net.uk

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »

OK, so nobody.  Still when I talked to Reg at Serdi he said "we throw them away anyway and make new ones" so that is what is happening.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »

This is also my sort of experience. You invest a lot of energy trying to find original parts and then a competent machinist wonders what you make all the fuss about.I don't remember now, but I think my pistons were oversized ones from a 70's fiat or even a lada with the valve cut aways being machined into them.Runs better than it ever did.Thats the first and last time I or anybody else will mention Lada on this website I suspect.
Are you going to fit a modern oil filter on the cleaner assembly if you run on shell bearings?.I've heard this is desirable for the finer particles ,( or you can just change the oil more often!)
inthedark
« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »

Lada Lada Lada  Hee Hee
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2007, 08:35:06 PM »

Oh dear, there's always one......the long winter nights must just fly by....

I'm not sure which is worse; that you should rise to the challenge or were bothering to read the rubbish I write. In either case my posting rate has just increased by one more.Ha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd