Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:01:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia 1.3 Series 2 or 3 Engine?  (Read 3158 times)
Nick Longman

« on: 13 September, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »

Oh dear!  Having successfully sourced a replacement gearbox for my Series 2 1.3 Coupe from Chris Long earlier in the summer, and enjoyed 2 very enjoyable months running, disaster has struck.  What I thought was a blown head gasket turns out to be a broken #3 piston and damaged bore.  Repair is not economic so I am on the look out for a good replacement servies 2/3 1.3 engine.

Does anyone have, or know someone, who has a spare Fulvia engine that may be for sale?
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 September, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »

Nick, I've sent you a PM.

Brian
8227  Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 13 September, 2012, 11:49:51 AM »

Sorry to hear of major engine trouble. Did a valve snap off? It would be useful to find out the cause of the problem to prevent it happening again. Usually it is piston #2 that goes first. Good luck, Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Nick Longman

« Reply #3 on: 13 September, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »

Thanks Andrea.  The car is with Keith Turner at Auto Integrale near Reading.  The head seems ok, and it is piston/rings that seem to have let go.  I have not yet inspected so hope to go over and see in more detail tomorrow.  However, the diagnosis is that it would need a rebore and oversize pistons and so a replacement engine is the best bet.  I am following up the lead that Brian has kindly given me.

Nick
Nick Longman

« Reply #4 on: 23 September, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

Just a quick update to close out this topic.  I picked up a Series 3 engine from Nick Murray (via Don Cross and Brian) last Sunday and dropped off with Keith Turner at AutoIntegrale on Monday.  Keith swaped the engines, using the head and timing chain from the orginal engine, flushed the 'new' engine and set it up.  Picked it up yesterday and put 100 miles on it yesterday and running very sweetly, so very happy.

Thanks to Brian for putting me in contact with Don and Nick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd