Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:29:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dunlop brakes  (Read 2816 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 17 August, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

I have just stripped a pair of Dunlop brake cylinders.The bores seem to be one and three eigths of an inch actual diameter.Not a listed size on my Dunlop info sheet.Does anyone know what they fit?The letters and numbers Q4 R3 22 and Q3 P11 22 are cast on the bodies.best regards richard

* Maidstone-20120817-00778.jpg (948.46 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 344 times.)

* Maidstone-20120817-00779.jpg (939.38 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 345 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2012, 05:51:21 PM »

Can't help with the part numbers (not recognised by my dunlop catalogue) but it says 1 3/8 are fitted to the the rear of Fulvia Berlina S1 and rear of the Flavia coupe (61-65).

If you want the parts sheet pm me (too big to put up here).

Neil

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2012, 06:05:17 PM »

Excellent Neil! I suppose these are not as common as the other sizes.What I need long term are the two and one eighth and one and five eighth sizes.would appreciate a copy of your info sheet though.PM sent

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »

I have not heard of this before, but apart from the resleeving method to solve a pitting/corrosion problem has anyone tried enlarging a smaller cylinder to accept a larger piston assembly?Without checking I assume all of the bodies are similar material-wise.Also does anyone know if the central component is removable/replacable and its function.advice welcome.richard

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »

I am going to test the sealing of any future Dunlop brakes on the bench before fitting.I plan to blank one thread with a bleed nipple,connect a pressure guage to the other thread.once filled with fluid, compress the piston.Aside from any visible leak, the guage should identify any sealing problem.Any ideas at what pressure the test should be conducted? Advice welcome as always.richard

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd