Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:34:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Milan suggestions?  (Read 2483 times)
bruciebonuz
Lapsed
Megaposter

« on: 14 August, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »

After a week in Lake Como the family and I will be in Milan on Friday for the day.  Does anyone have any Lancia or other car suggestions (shopping etc) to share?  Its been a great holiday, plenty of great classics on the roads but sadly no Lancias spotted as yet.

1969 RHD Fanalone Lusso
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 16 August, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »

In Milan itself you're probably a little limited in terms of cars/transport to:
i) National Science and Technology Museum (Via San Vittore)
ii) ATM Historic Archive (Via Ricasoli)
iii) Pirelli Historic Archive (Viale Sarca)

If you can go a little further afield there is the The Quattroruote Museum just south-east of Milan at Rozzano and the Zagato factory just north-west at Rho.
I don't know however if you can just 'drop in' to these or some kind of prior notification is needed ... worth doing a quick check first!

Hope it's nice and sunny where you are and you're having a lovely holiday!  Smiley
bruciebonuz
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »

Many thanks.  We made it to the Science & Tech museum.  None of the other options were viable in the timeframe sadly and the Moto Guzzi factory and museum was closed for the holiday (shame, as its bang on Lake Como).

I have posted some photos here on pistonheads of some of the vehicles seen on hols.  Lots of new Deltas and Ypsilons, but nothing older.  There are lots of classics around Lake Como, many on Swiss plates.  E-type, MGA, Mercedes, Triumph, Porsche 914, Alfa Giulia Spider, Bentley to name a few.

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=140&t=1186763&mid=62682&nmt=Classics+at+Lake+Como

1969 RHD Fanalone Lusso
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »

Jonathan, the first photo in the link was a Steyr-Puch Haflinger, I saw one (RHD) today at the Cranleigh Classic Car show, not sure I have seen one before, so there is at least one in the UK, it was green not red.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »

Friend of mine on the Welsh borders had a couple, they will go anywhere as they are very light and have diff locks so all wheels can be locked so you can traverse difficult situations, I think there is still a good following of them here.
A version of this engine (850cc ?) was used in the Steyr Puch version of the Fiat 500 which went like the clappers!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd