Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LANCIA APRILIA CHROME RADIATOR GRILL  (Read 3610 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 25 June, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCIA-APRILIA-CHROME-RADIATOR-GRILL-/190695576005?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c665791c5

P

Frank Gallagher
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »

This vendor, who is I think well known in LMC circles, has now separately put on eBay: the restored suspension system, engine and gearbox, interior, body shell parts and now the radiator grill. No reason why he shouldn’t, but I would like to think he offered the complete kit first and perhaps failed to find a buyer.

It does seem a pity to me to see an otherwise complete Aprilia being distributed in this way without the prospect of it ever reappearing as a complete car. But perhaps I am just old fashioned?

Colin
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 June, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

Fair point Colin, not sure whom Chugga bought the body from, but it might just benefit from aggregating, if suitable, all the parts listed and make an offer/job lot, scenario.

P

Frank Gallagher
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 25 June, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »

The person who is selling the Aprilia parts on ebay did have the whole car on sale for quite a long time with no interest, this is why he decided to sell them seperately. But the result of this is that several cars that were missing vital parts are now being brought back to the road. This I think is a good result!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 25 June, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »

Thats great to hear SP, result as you say....looking forward to hearing more about them over the next months and years....2/3/4 you reckon?

P

Frank Gallagher
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 25 June, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »

Yes, it's good news that the bits will be put to good use and that is no surprise. But I am disappointed he didn't find a buyer for the whole car. The parts look mostly very good and I think it would have made a good project for someone. Hey ho.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd