Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:29:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LANCIA AURELIA HEADLAMP GLASS LENS CARELLO  (Read 3902 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 28 May, 2012, 05:12:53 PM »

I had enquired about this from the seller, but I believe its for a B10? Said I would link it on here for him

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221036181772?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »

These shape headlight glasses were also fitted to Ist and 2nd Series B20s. A few years ago when they seemed to be in very short supply, someone in  the UK (whose name I have forgotten) had I think 100 or 250 reproduction ones made which were pretty good copies. I bought 2 at the time but since then I have acquired a few genuine original ones in good condition. On this headlight, I think it is important to have a headlight glass which is as transparent as possible - i.e not peppered with small stone chips with use - as this headlamd has a plain inner glass as well behind the exterior one. So, the light provided by the headlight is going to be poor at the best of times and a 'worn' outer glass will just make things worse. If you cant see where you are going, what hope is there?
Aurelias of all series are pretty good at keeping up with todays traffic and stopping as well, but this headlight style, whilst very attractive, is probably one of the main areas where the car shows its age IMHO.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 31 May, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »

Chris, I agree with you re early headlamps, however I have lately driven almost ten hours at night with the B50, first in Sicily, then coming back from Genova to Switzerland.
Admittedly the weather was clear, it was not raining, and there was almost no traffic. I was surprised that I could drive the B50 for hours on end without getting tired or annoyed by the light from the headlamps. On the other hand, I did not go faster than 120 km/h, which is standard cruising speed for the B50 on the motorway.
But on my B50 the lamps have good clear glass without stone chips, the reflector and inside glass are good and clean, and they are well adjusted. On high beam there is quite a good reach.
I have not tried yet in the B50 a set of halogen lamps I have, which can be interchanged for the normal type. I have them in the B20, and they are quite an improvement there.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 07 July, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »

Makes the one above seem extremely good value!

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/fanali-lancia-d-epoca-3-imperia-32607535.htm

P

Frank Gallagher
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 07 July, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

The headlamps of my B12 were amongst the best I have driven behind. I put it down to their size.
 Regards, John
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2012, 07:31:26 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCIA-AURELIA-HEADLAMP-LENS-/221119222204?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337bbb91bc

Back up for sale....instead of £100 price...now starting  at £40

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd