Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:46:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta 1300LX vs integrale Evo II  (Read 13936 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 01 March, 2014, 09:27:53 AM »

That will be happening , got insured for work .....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 01 March, 2014, 10:41:56 AM »

Just a point on needing to keep the revs up. I started driving with Fiat 128's. The first really affordable racing over here was for 128 3P's and 128 SL's. This graduated onto Ritmos (or Stradas to some), then Unos,  Punto Mk1's. All using the basis of the Fiat 1.3 OHC engine. Same as in the Delta.
These engines can, and have been spun up to the 10k mark. The earliest were the best with a slightly shorter con rod. In Mondello for example, we never used 4th gear, always 2nd and 3rd, and to the floor. when I drove my first 4WD in 1988. I managed to outdrive one of our salesmen in a standard 1.3 Delta. Granted he was a bit hesitant as the car was new, but the secret to these engines is to drive the nuts out of them. You should just be able to touch 60mph in second, never mind what the rev counter says.
The only other thing I disliked about the Delta was the turning circle, which is bad. I was reminded of this only yesterday as we pushed a 1.3 Delta onto a display area at a local car show.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 02 March, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »

You're right Kevin.  Every time I get into the Delta I have to recalibrate, as the style of driving is utterly different from a modern turbo motor.  In the latter, don't tend to need to give it a bootful of revs to get moving (the low down torque of the engine is usually sufficient, certainly once you get to 2000rpm) but in the Delta, you have to rev to get action.  Its a much more engaged and involved style of driving...!

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 03 March, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »

Ok, well I'm too used to an integrale ! But I actually like driving it at reasonable speed and not worrying to much ! It was really nice to do the AGM drive in a small car with the windows down , roof open , music on ...

You'll be pleased to know it was driven this morning ...

Kevin, I noticed that Delta on the stand - is it an LX ? in which case identical to mine

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 20 March, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »

Car is (temporarily) my daily driver Smiley , even taking part in the lift share today ... with complements on the ride quality, seat comfort - but I did have to point out that 'those are the door handles - you don't want to lift that!'

.. anyway, it's no longer a sub-30k mileage Delta

* IMAG0695.jpg (1112.05 KB, 2592x1552 - viewed 446 times.)

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd