Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMC Fulvia 50 Event planned for 2013  (Read 9728 times)
2Lancialan

« on: 11 April, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »

Dear Peter/Tim/Sarah,

Just received my Viva Lancia magazine for April and delighted to hear about the plans for the Fulvia 50th anniversary event next year. Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic event at Goodwood over the May Bank Holiday weekend and naturally Deborah and I will be delighted to come along in our Fulvia Zagato. However at £500 per couple for the weekend accommodation, plus £180 for the track day etc., this is going to end up a somewhat expensive weekend.

I just wonder what other LMC members might be thinking. N.B. There doesn't appear to be an option on the reply card for "Yes, love to come but it's just too expensive!"

Ciao,

Alan
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

Dear Alan

Obviously this is a pre-qual and as usual there will be cheaper accommodation options for individuals so sort for themselves but remember it this a celebration of a half century of a fantastic car and is over a bank holiday weekend. Could you please send me a PM for which options you are interested in, including if, this is your wish to sort out accommodation separately!

Many thanks

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 12 April, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

See also

http://www.lancia.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4994.0

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2012, 05:30:36 PM »

Hi all

There appears to be some rogue Fulvia 50 postcards with only the address side printed. If you have one send me a PM or email as per the article stating your preference. Sorry for the inconvenience and I will raise it with Jack.

For the record I have been receiving full post cards so this may be an isolated situation, and I have PM'd J886atv...

Will alert membership sec as well.

Tim

Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
julian
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »

Dear Peter/Tim/Sarah,

Just received my Viva Lancia magazine for April and delighted to hear about the plans for the Fulvia 50th anniversary event next year. Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic event at Goodwood over the May Bank Holiday weekend and naturally Deborah and I will be delighted to come along in our Fulvia Zagato. However at £500 per couple for the weekend accommodation, plus £180 for the track day etc., this is going to end up a somewhat expensive weekend.

I just wonder what other LMC members might be thinking. N.B. There doesn't appear to be an option on the reply card for "Yes, love to come but it's just too expensive!"

Ciao,

Alan

Hi Tim

Sorry to appear negative, but I’m with Alan on this one.

I would dearly love to bring my little Fulvia to this event, but with £500 accommodation, + £180 track day + the not inconsiderable cost of bringing the car and family down from Manchester, it will be almost impossible for me.

I agree this should be a celebration of a half century of a fantastic car, but equally as an LMC sponsored event it should be accessible to all members. Unfortunately I fear the cost and location may limit numbers who can attend.

Maybe a short note in Viva Lancia confirming what’s available for those who prefer to seek alternative accommodation would be of reassurance? It would certainly help me sell the event to the other half!

Again, sorry to seem so negative, I do greatly appreciate the time, cost and effort which go into arranging this sort of event, but in these tough economic times please spare a thought for us poor Fulvia owners from the Northern Wetlands! 

"Yes, love to come but it's just too expensive!" x 2.

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »

Hi Julian

This is not meant to be an "exclusive" offer or event. I did try to indicate that there would be options, but the pre-qualification was to help the organising committee get a good idea of what they were likely to get by way of demand for "an event" which would be a weekend max and a day min. In LMC custrom alternative accommodation will be identified and I know there are a smattering of Travelodges and Premier Inns which if booked early will give some savings. These alternatives will be for individual members to book while also booking some or all of the core events.

I recognise Goodwood is not convenient for some people being in the south, as it is not really convenient to me being 170 miles away but I make the trip every year because it is such an experience.

Please send me your post card or drop me an email detailing your preferences. Its not contractual at this stage!!

I hope this clarifies somewhat.

Tim

Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »

Considering  the cost of hotels is there a possibility of a camping option (in the spirit of sid james/barbara windsor et al)! at goodwood circuit.not something I have seen much of before at goodwood I have to say and not something I have enquired about before either.anyhow just a thought.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 01 May, 2012, 01:17:28 AM »

Hi Julian

This is not meant to be an "exclusive" offer or event. I did try to indicate that there would be options, but the pre-qualification was to help the organising committee get a good idea of what they were likely to get by way of demand for "an event" which would be a weekend max and a day min. In LMC custrom alternative accommodation will be identified and I know there are a smattering of Travelodges and Premier Inns which if booked early will give some savings. These alternatives will be for individual members to book while also booking some or all of the core events.

I recognise Goodwood is not convenient for some people being in the south, as it is not really convenient to me being 170 miles away but I make the trip every year because it is such an experience.

Please send me your post card or drop me an email detailing your preferences. Its not contractual at this stage!!

Tim

Tim,
I've already looked at the travelodge options at fontwell and the newer one at Fontwell park, but you can't book more than 12 months in advance, I'll have a look at the prices once again shortly, however they do jack their prices up considerably at bank holidays.

Brian
« Last Edit: 01 May, 2012, 01:57:34 AM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
julian
Lapsed

« Reply #8 on: 02 May, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

Hi Julian

Tim

Tim

Thanks for taking the time to post and clarify.

Card is in the post.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 02 May, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »

Many thanks!

To everyone who hasn't yet sent in their card etc please do before 31st May Roll Eyes

Tim

Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 09 January, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »

Is it just me? or am I being a little impatient?

I seem to be unable to find any further information on this event since we (all) indicated our interest pre May 2012.

And earlier this week I  emailed the contact address shown on the clubs 'Fulvia50' website only to have it returned as address invalid!

Can anyone help please?

Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 09 January, 2013, 05:02:27 PM »

Chris/Everyone

This is going to press for next VL with everything detailed. Those that prequalified with a valid email address with receive advance copies to enable early bookings to guarantee your hotel requirements etc. This will include the seperate Goodwood track day booking form which should also come out on the forum. (It usually does). There will be something for everyone.

Chris could you PM me with the email that did not work??

Tim

Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 09 January, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »

Thanks Tim,
Sent you info regarding the non-operating email address (invalid recipient)  fulvia50@lanciamc.co.uk taken from the LMC Fulvia 50 website as you requested to tim48@aol.com as per your Forum details.
I am sorry to advise you that this email has also been returned (recipient address rejected aol.com)!

Is it me?

And just to be clear, does this mean that the info, booking forms etc for the Fulvia 50 will be sent via email AS WELL AS being in the next Viva Lancia?
I do hope so.
Chris

Chris Gawne
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 10 January, 2013, 08:06:56 AM »

tim348@aol.com .....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 10 January, 2013, 09:05:12 AM »

Sincere apologies for that typing error of mine Tim with your address. Original email now resent to you.
Just reflecting, I assume that in fact all the booking info etc will be posted on the Club's ' Fulvia 50 'website at the same time as being sent out in Viva Lancia which will solve my particular problem?
I do hope this event is well supported. Jacky and I were reflecting last night upon the Fulvia 25 at Goodwood Circuit and trying to remember how many Fulvia were there then.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd