Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:46:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ute of your dreams?  (Read 4907 times)
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« on: 13 February, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »

Now here's something you don't see every day.

In fact I don't recall seeing an Aurelia Camioncino in the Aurelia books.

It's for sale.  No price quoted...

http://www.subito.it/altri-veicoli/lancia-aurelia-camioncino-cassonato-reggio-calabria-37540242.htm

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 February, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

Wonderful to see....but at the same time....sad.....I see its suffering from missing grille syndrome!!

Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 13 February, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »

The translation says "Missing grille, radiator, glass headlights, the rest has all the original instrumentation and related accessories. The machine was turned into a pickup truck body it was authorized and declared on the registration certificate, which shows also the approval.
Overall in good condition rust present is small and only in some small point is through."

There is something strange going on with the front windscreen, the aperture seems to have been made smaller for some reason??

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
B20B24

« Reply #3 on: 13 February, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »

Just imagine the publicity value, Ade - you have to get it!

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 24 January, 2013, 06:10:24 PM »

Just wanted to let you know the aurelia pick-up is now in Belgium. 

And Ade, you were absolutely right, a smaller windscreen was fitted, probably as they did'nt have an original available.
Luckily the windscreen 'conversion' can be very easily undone.

I will for now leave the bodywork alone and started on the engine, which turns out to be in a very poor condition ( severe aluminium corrosion)

Maybe I'll start a new topic to keep you posted of the (probably slow) progress.

As I'm still working on my superjolly Arca Camper I will only concentrate on spares in the beginning.
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 24 January, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

Congratulations on your purchase, do you know any details of where, when and who did the body conversion?

You must also give us some more information on the Superjolly, is it the one that has been advertised for a while?

Ade.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 24 January, 2013, 07:49:50 PM »

Hello Ade!

Well there is a carrozzeria Gracia badge on the car, they seem to have done some other conversions a well.  Although I hope to find more information on this.
In any case the conversion is nicely done, and the condition of the bodywork is 'restorable' It will need new sills and floors, but for the rest is in a better condition then I expected.
Now I will concentrate on the parts hunt at first.

On the Superjolly Arca: no it is not the Theo Jansen car, I bought mine 12 years ago in Italy, and have started last year on a mainly mechanical restoration.  The body is quite good, however I had to do some welding on the cabin.  It is almost exactly the same car as the Jansen car, bud sadly it was resprayed in the past in beige and brown/orange.  I intend to have it back in it's original colours, but first want her running.  Biggest challenge is the braking system, as it was missing some vital parts.  Now after searching and thinking for quite a bit I decided to replace the system partly with a more modern system as we want to really use the camper for our holiday's.

I'll dig up some photo's and post a thread in the commercial vehicle section in the future.

I'm quite new to the club and only received my login for the forum today.

My real name is Koen Keutgens by the way, living in Zoersel, Belgium
I've been around with most European sliding pillar rallies, and luckily we got hold of a room for this years editon. (won't be with the pick-up though....)

Regards,

Koen

Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »

Hi Koen,
I look forward to hearing more on the Aurelia Pick-up and the Superjolly as I used to own one too.

Please post more photos of both of them!

See you at the Sliding Pillar Rally.

Ade.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd