Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:42:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LANCIA APRILIA REAR SUSPENSION,DRIVESHAFT,LEAF SPRING ASSEMBLE,GEARBOX etc  (Read 11878 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 21 January, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

So Tim...this is your advert?

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 26 January, 2012, 09:56:24 PM »

£990.....someone got a bargain buy!

P

Frank Gallagher
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #17 on: 26 January, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

Dang!  I missed the end of the auction.

If the buyer's on the forum and doesn't need the front axle/suspension, please get in touch.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 27 January, 2012, 08:14:07 AM »

If you are annoyed at missing the end of an eBay auction, the cure is to use auctionsniper.com which will bid for you at the last moment. They only charge 1% of the final bid, which is peanuts. It's the only way I bid these days.
 Regards, John
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #19 on: 27 January, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »

If you are annoyed at missing the end of an eBay auction, the cure is to use auctionsniper.com which will bid for you at the last moment. They only charge 1% of the final bid, which is peanuts. It's the only way I bid these days.
 Regards, John

Hi All

You can also use bidnapper.com, have used them for years and they charge a fixed fee for either monthly/annual unlimited use or for so many wins, saves me a small fortune each year as I buy quite a lot on Ebay. For occaisional/low value items use the 1% fee of auctionsniper does sound attractive, though bidnapper can be much cheaper if you buy high value items.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 27 January, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »

Bid once bid well is my moto.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 27 January, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »

Bid once bid well is my moto.

David
David,
I don't know if you use or know how it works but you can do that using these systems and set your highest bid at what you are prepared to pay, but no one else knows you're even in the bidding.
it will only bid just enough to win as long as it hasn't exceeded the price you set, then you will get a warning that you've been outbid, Even then if you do win, as you can set your bid time as say 5 seconds before the end of the auction, no one knows who actually won, but quite how it works and who wins if a lot of have set the same for their last bid time at 5 seconds, I don't know Huh?.
The good thing about Sniper etc is that you don't get into a bidding war and are not tempted push the price up to win.
Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 27 January, 2012, 01:37:24 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 27 January, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »

[/quote] who wins if a lot of have set the same for their last bid time at 5 seconds, I don't know Huh?

[/quote] First come, first served. It's fair enough.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 27 January, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

I'm disciplined and just have a long think and bid my max.  If anyone else wants to bid up against me that's their business. From experiance as both a buyer and seller it all happens in the last half hour be that real people or their robots.  As I see it the danger of it coming to me for "more than necessary" having revealed my hand early is pretty slim.

The danger I avoid is missing the auction completely.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 27 January, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »

I can see that a sniper USED TO BE an advantage - until everyone else starting using them...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 27 January, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »

As the human version of said sniper program...I usually win....Wink, most auctions finish at a time when I am near a computer so I can follow or react to what is happening....I usually have a maximum bid...plus 10% if its really special.

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 27 January, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »

I can see that a sniper USED TO BE an advantage - until everyone else starting using them...

David

Yes and no...it all depends what your top bid is, everyone's will be different, just depends how badly you want it

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd