Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 11:46:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What colour for my B20  (Read 51316 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 17 January, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »

Excellent resource!!

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #46 on: 18 January, 2012, 01:42:34 AM »

very interesting. Will that shop still make up paint swatches from Lechler?

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #47 on: 19 January, 2012, 06:23:49 PM »

Hi Geoff

I know from your separate Blog site that you know way more about Lancia oriented paints than I do!

The site I mentioned in passing can make up small quantities of Lechler colour matched paints which could be useful on the basis I suggested of needing, say, a couple of colours to compare 'in the flesh'. If they had to make up a whole number of small quantities to put on swatches no doubt they'd have to charge for that though accordingly. I have no affiliation with this site (which by the way is http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=48) or Lechler paints ... it was just very useful when I needed some colour matched paint that I could sort out myself with the airbrush I have at home.

Given that Lechler is mentioned quite often on this site in general it may be that someone suitably senior in the Club contacts Lechler for swatches  Huh?. If this helps a club member make a decision and choose Lechler paint as a result that makes commercial sense for Lechler. As your Blog mentions though, Lechler is not represented in the US so I suspect this is going to be of little use for you personally and so a more univeral company like Glasurit might be a better bet for the Club as a whole.
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #48 on: 19 January, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

There's a paint supplier that some people I know have used to supply old-style (illegal in the USA if I understand right, though this might be state-by-state rather than federal thing) cellulose paint - Lechler supplier:

Paintshop Products
Unit 37, Youngs Industrial Estate
Aldermaston, Berks, RH7 4PW, UK
sales@paintshop-products.co.uk
+44 (0) 118 98 16216

They could provide liquid paint but you'd need a paintshop to spray it to make sample swatches.  It's possible Paintshop Products could make up aerosols, I've not asked them.
« Last Edit: 19 January, 2012, 11:42:31 PM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #49 on: 27 October, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »

Yes Scott, great resource.....will put it to good use in 2013/14....all being well!

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #50 on: 27 October, 2012, 06:59:27 PM »

Thank you so much everyone for the numerous comments and advice that my request has provoked.

Geoff (GG), I had already found your blog on colour (I keep finding extra threads and blogs from your site which make fascinating and, I think, essential reading for restorers). I looked up the two listed codes for Amaranto and they appear to be a grey commonly used by Lambretta, but I will persevere !

Thank you John (Turner) for the Lambda photo, that colour looks so dark compared to the red of my car as purchased. The trouble with photos is that they rarely show the true  colour and it is not possible to gauge how far off tone they may be. The (possible) Pozzi car is much darker than that which I was anticipating as a possibility, but certainly looks good and could be a real contender !!

William, with regard to dirty being a lifestyle choice I understand what you are saying, but to me dirt is more of a mandatory extra !!!! It most definitely is not optional !!!!

Thank you again for the help and advice, the decision has yet to be made, so if any other thoughts arise please do share them. I do hear and agree with the comment that whatever colour I choose, it should be one that was originally available, otherwise the field is open.

I have attached a photo of my car, as dragged out of the garage, to indicate the red that I thought may be an option. It would appear that  such a light red was not originally available and thus should be excluded.

Andy

So Andy.......whats on the short list??!!

Don't keep us in suspense any longer..... Grin

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #51 on: 24 December, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »

Bumping this Andy......whats on the short list or a decision has been made?

In light of my own B 12 strip down, it appears the Amaranto colour is the B 12s original colour, having seen it on two cars on this thread I'm now minded to re-paint it in its original colour, but time will tell

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #52 on: 24 December, 2013, 10:55:14 PM »

Original colour will be the way forward for me.

So, it will be nero, solid black. I had considered this some while ago, but discounted it because it is so unforgiving. It shows every imperfection and the even a damp road, let alone a muddy puddle will wreak havoc. However, it was the original colour and will look absolutely superb for the first few moments after being cleaned. So there it is ......... BLACK.

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #53 on: 25 December, 2013, 07:04:46 AM »

Great....on reviewing this thread, again, and again...am now a little undecided, give the variations and differences on the deep red/burgundy type colours, more research is required

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #54 on: 25 December, 2013, 07:48:08 AM »

IMHO amaranto is a really good colour for an Aurelia but you need to see one in the flesh to appreciate the hues and depth of colour. Photographs and paint swatches do not do the colour justice.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #55 on: 25 December, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »

Checking on the list on page 3, I assume Rosso la Plata is a red type colour, Amaranto being the only other red based colour on the later series B 20s ( who knows what was available on the saloons of year 1955).

So I will have to be certain as to what actually was on mine

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #56 on: 25 December, 2013, 08:38:36 AM »

Noticed the comment on Lechler paints by Geoff (GG) so thought this might be of use...

Go to: http://explorer.lechler.it

Login with 'email': admin@zero-paints.co.uk
Password: zeropaints

You should now be logged in ... so click on 'Formula' which will bring up a 'Formula Search' panel. Select Lancia as the manufacturer and click 'Find' ... this should give all the codes for all Lancia paints.

Of course if you know a friendly Lechler paint shop then they should be able to make you up a sample.
I came across the 'Zero Paints' resource as I needed some colour matched paint and found a company in the UK who will do colour matched samples for any Lechler paint code for a fiver! A potentially useful and inexpensive route for original Lancia colour samples if you're undecided between colours but about to spend a small fortune on a respray!

Smiley

The logon details no longer work on the Lechler site, so I registered myself.

On going through 13 pages of colours codes and names I can only see one Amaranto colour listed on their site which pre dates my Aurelia...is this likely to be the colour?

1185   AMARANTO W 2602/3   1930   0  (1930 is start date / 0 is noted in their end column, does this mean they've not stopped using that particular colour or they don't know?)

Which I note is different in code number to that listed for the Ardea and B20....of  - 8027

P
« Last Edit: 25 December, 2013, 08:54:51 AM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #57 on: 25 December, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »

http://blog.lanciainfo.com/?p=1967

So, is this the correct Amaranto colour ?

P

Frank Gallagher
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #58 on: 31 January, 2014, 03:41:01 AM »

yes. But what paint is that? Take a look here for the best answer (that I know of)….
http://blog.lanciainfo.com/?p=423

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #59 on: 10 January, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »

Ok, slight change of mind, according to the log book, written in Portuguese the colour is listed as "Base Cinsenta", I have a sister-in-law who asked a few native speakers who said this was "colour grey", ergo thats Amaranto out the window!

That being the case can anyone point me in the right direction as to what a solid grey is coded as by Lancia?

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd