Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:08:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New B20s for sale  (Read 34524 times)
B20B24

« on: 23 December, 2011, 07:47:25 PM »

Maroon and silver S4

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/1168-Lancia-Aurelia%20B20%20GT%20Series%20IV-2.5%20Litre%20V-6

http://www.kidston.com/kidston-cars/2219/1954-Lancia-Aurelia-B20-GT#

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 December, 2011, 07:56:51 PM »

Very tasty, Borranis.....how correct? Top end of range price wise..?...either ways both very desirable......

P

Frank Gallagher
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #2 on: 24 December, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »

The Kidston car, for which the asking price is 140k Euros, was advertised a year ago by British Motors in Verona for 90k Euros.  Given the car doesn't appear to have had, or needed, work in the interim that seems like a market-defying increase.

Perhaps this is evidence of the 'Aurelia as a plaything for the millionaire Ferrari collector' end of the market that has been referred to on this forum previously: one can assume that Simon Kidston's customers are likely to fall into the right demographic profile!

As it happens, this car is still on the British Motors website http://www.britishmotors.it/aurelia.htm though no longer with a price quoted. For what it's worth,  I think the air cleaner is incorrect, which seems a strange oversight in a self-confessed 'top end' restoration.  That said the car does look very nice; you can't beat an original spec interior.  I have some pictures of its underside if anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: 27 December, 2011, 02:37:58 PM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 24 December, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »

Another small detail (after the air cleaner) on the Kidston car, which has me puzzled:
why is the speedometer inscribed "Cisitalia"?
B20B24

« Reply #4 on: 24 December, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »

The Kidston car, for which the asking price is 140k Euros, was advertised a year ago by British Motors in Verona for 90k Euros.  Given the car doesn't appear to have had, or needed, work in the interim that seems like a market-defying increase.

Perhaps this is evidence of the 'Aurelia as a plaything for the millionaire Ferrari collector' end of the market that Chris Gawne wrote about on the forum a little while ago: one can assume that Simon Kidston's customers are likely to fall into the right demographic profile!

As it happens, this car is still on the British Motors website http://www.britishmotors.it/aurelia.htm though no longer with a price quoted. For what it's worth,  I think the air cleaner is incorrect, which seems a strange oversight in a self-confessed 'top end' restoration.  That said the car does look very nice; you can't beat an original spec interior.  I have some pictures of its underside if anyone's interested.

Yes the finish is wrong on the air cleaner. If we're picky - and with an 80k Euro body job we can be - the door gaps at the bottom seem too large - but maybe that's the just the picture....

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 24 December, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »

I agree with Clive the door gaps on the Kidson car do look a bit on the large size. The air filter is the same as I have on my B50, I don't think it is OE but more like a period accesssory.
The Fantasy Junction car does look good, has lots of nice ( if you like that sort of thing ) Nardi bits that would cost a fortune to replicate. The Borrani wires are in my eyes horrible, but from the pictures it has the original wheels too. It has the very rare Jeager instruments, a pity that it has a very much later Nardi steering wheel though. The thing that would worry me most about this car is that the sills where they join the floor pan look a bit 'wibbly wobbly!'

* B50 air cleaner.jpg (212.95 KB, 773x786 - viewed 406 times.)
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2012, 06:06:29 PM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 24 December, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »

Its the modern batteries that grate for me - in particular when there should be (breath in - wait for correction) a cover.  An easy fix should Santa feel that I've been good enough.  Silver one for choice.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #7 on: 24 December, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »

Another small detail (after the air cleaner) on the Kidston car, which has me puzzled:
why is the speedometer inscribed "Cisitalia"?

That central section of the speedo' is missing from my SIV and I've been trying to track one down for a while now without any joy.  I had been wondering if any other cars used the same 'works' (mileometer / trip meter / speedo 'head') so that I could make up a front plate and match the grey paint...  Perhaps Cisitalia is a possible lead for an alternative application of this particular unit (not going to improve the odds much though I wouldn't have thought, given how many cars they made).

Any leads gratefully received.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 27 December, 2011, 07:25:12 AM »

Having seen how unchallenged 'quotes' metamorphose into fact if left unchallenged on the forum, could I quietly state that I never  said "Perhaps this is evidence of the 'Aurelia as a plaything for the millionaire Ferrari collector' end of the market that Chris Gawne wrote about on the forum a little while ago:"
Some of my best friends are Ferrari owners and enthusiasts - each to his own.
Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Chris Gawne

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 27 December, 2011, 12:13:50 PM »

I'm stunned at some of the prices listed at present. When I bought my car, it wasn't 'cheap' but at least I could afford it. If I were to sell, I possibly could never afford one again.
I'm working on a B20 at the moment, a 'barn find' I suppose. it was pushed into a shed over 40 years ago and hasn't turned a wheel since. A 3rd series, no rust, everything original down to tools, radio, 'period' seat covers, still has plastic covering on the front inner trim (radio speaker) panels, and rear quarter panels. About 46,000km on clock. All paperwork including original bill of sale from Italy (car was imported into Ireland). Even the original tyres are present. Carb/Brake fluid/suspension resevoir are still painted black. Even has a few accessories including an Aurelia badged outer boot handle. The only major part to be replaced was the exhaust. Thier was some engine damage, but a new bottom end was fitted at the time, and this has the original engine number stamped (I have the original block).
How could you possibly value this car.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 27 December, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »

Sounds like everyones dream car Kevin......as you say put a value on it in todays climate, things have gone just a tad stratospheric in the last 10 or so years.

Great to hear of another B 20 being restored on the Emerald isle

P
« Last Edit: 27 December, 2011, 02:03:37 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #11 on: 27 December, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

Having seen how unchallenged 'quotes' metamorphose into fact if left unchallenged on the forum, could I quietly state that I never  said "Perhaps this is evidence of the 'Aurelia as a plaything for the millionaire Ferrari collector' end of the market that Chris Gawne wrote about on the forum a little while ago:"
Some of my best friends are Ferrari owners and enthusiasts - each to his own.
Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Chris Gawne

Apologies to Chris for the misattribution of a comment on the forum that I now can't even find!  Should have checked my reference before posting.... I've edited my earlier post to avoid future confusion.

For further avoidance of confusion, I too have nothing against old Ferraris or their owners!

Best wishes, to all.
William
« Last Edit: 27 December, 2011, 08:57:45 PM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #12 on: 27 December, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »

Considering the prices asked I find it strange that both cars appear to have faulty brakes, judging from the fact that the plunger in the reservoir has sunk all the way down. Further, the steering wheel on the maroon car seems to be a fairly late Nardi wheel, smaller than the original one.
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #13 on: 29 December, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »

Hi

Not sure if this has been avilable for a while, but looks to be a bit more affordable. No connection with seller and limited pics means it could be a basket case. Seller, who I assume is a dealer, also has Aprillia available.

http://annonces.ebay.fr/viewad/Lancia-Aurelia-B20-1958-collection/5044723062?bu=http%3A%2F%2Fautomobile-voiture.shop.ebay.fr%2Fi.html%3FLH_TitleDesc%3D0%26_sacat%3D9800%26LH_PrefLoc%3D0%26cmd%3DBlend%26_nkw%3Dlancia

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Tony Stephens

« Reply #14 on: 29 December, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »

William, I have some Veglia instruments and also additional parts thereof if you describe to me exactly what you want.

Luckily my car B20 3615 (RPD 11E) has the later Jaeger instruments which I prefer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd